8 Assisted Living Facilities near Barron, WI
There are 8 Assisted Living Facilities in the Barron area, with 2 in Barron and 6 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Barron is $4,300 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,420. Cheaper nearby regions include Rice Lake with an average starting cost of $4,275.
To help you with your search, browse the 7 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Barron. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Barron 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Barron, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Barron, WI
6 Assisted Living Facilities near Barron, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Barron
In Barron, Wisconsin, seniors can stay active and commune with nature on the wooded Cedar Side Walking Trail, and learn how area inhabitants survived in past centuries at the town's Pioneer Village Museum. These days, 45,164 people live in the city, 21.9% of whom are at least 65 years old. Some may be looking for assisted living facilities, which help seniors with the activities of daily living, such as grooming and hygiene.
There are two assisted living facilities in Barron and five more in nearby neighborhoods. They are licensed by the Wisconsin Department of Public Health Services. These facilities are known as adult day care, adult family home, community-based residential facilities (CBRFs) or residential care apartment complexes (RCACs).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Barron
- In Wisconsin, including Barron, Social Security benefits and public pensions are not taxed so seniors may have more money to put toward their assisted living budgets.
- The Barron area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Mayo Clinic, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The cost of living in Barron is 81.5%, about 20% cheaper than the national baseline and considerably lower than the state average of 97.8. Families of seniors moving to the area may find that housing and transportation costs are much lower than most areas of Wisconsin and the rest of the country.
- Barron's violent crime rate is 8.8, about a third of the national average of 22.7, and the city's property crime rate is even lower at 7.6, about a fifth of the national median of 35.4. This may be good news for assisted living residents running errands or attending appointments in town.
- Summer highs in July high reach 80 degrees, and winter lows in January hit 1 degree. The city gets 33 inches of rain per year, five more inches than the U.S. average, and 53 inches of snow annually, 25 inches more than the national median. With single-digit temperatures in winter, it may be a good idea to ensure assisted living facilities have individual temperature controls in residents' rooms.
- Based on a scale of 1 to 100, where 100 is the best, the air quality in Barron is 85, making this one of the best places to breathe in the country, according to the EPA. This could be welcome news to seniors with respiratory challenges.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Barron
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Barron start around $4,300 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Barron and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Barron
Wisconsin, including Barron, offers assistance with the cost of assisted living expenses through the SSI-E Supplement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Barron
Barron and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Barron, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Barron
Barron-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Barron
Review of Monroe Manor
I was impressed with Monroe Manor; it's really nice. There are lots of activities and different areas divided up that my mother could go to. The people are friendly. They always have coffee on, so ... Read more