1 Assisted Living Facility in Ephrata, WA
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Ephrata. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Ephrata 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Moses Lake with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Ephrata, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Ephrata
Ephrata is located in Grant County, Washington, in the Columbia Basin area. Several annual events draw in tourists from surrounding areas throughout the summertime. Thirteen percent of Ephrata's 8,000 residents are over the age of 65. Seniors in the area have access to residential assisted living services in the area's single assisted living facility, which is located at Columbia Basin Hospital.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Ephrata
- The Ephrata area has plenty of arts and culture for seniors to enjoy. Some assisted living facilities may offer supervised day trips for seniors to take in some of the area's top events and attractions, such as the annual Sage-n-Sun Festival.
- Seniors on a limited budget will find the Ephrata area quite affordable. The overall cost of living in the area is nearly 15 percent below the national average.
- The Ephrata area is home to world-class medical facilities, such as Columbia Basin Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Ephrata gets much less rain than other parts of the country. The average annual rainfall in Ephrata is only 8 inches while the average throughout the U.S. is much higher at 39 inches. Seniors who enjoy spending time outdoors can do so much more in the Ephrata area.
Grant Transit provides residents of the Ephrata area with a safe public transportation option. Reduced fares are available for seniors over 60.
- Seniors may feel unsafe in Ephrata knowing that property crime rates are much higher than the state average. A total of 51.17 property crimes occur per 1,000 residents each year in in Ephrata while the state average is only 34.94 per 1,000 residents.
Paying for Assisted Living in Ephrata
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Washington
Assisted Living costs in Ephrata start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Ephrata and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Ephrata
Washington has two Medicaid programs in the state that are available to seniors requiring financial assistance with the cost of assisted living services. Depending on the level of care received, seniors can apply under either the Medicaid 1915(c) Waiver program--Community Options Program Entry System (COPES) or the Washington Medicaid State Plan.
Even though Washington doesn't offer a state supplement to Supplemental Security Income (SSI), the state does cap room and board charges for seniors who are receiving SSI. The state also permits family supplementation for services that aren't covered by Medicaid.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Washington page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Ephrata
Ephrata and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Ephrata, please visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Ephrata
Ephrata-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Washington are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Washington page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Ephrata
Review of Garden Oasis Assisted Living
The staff at Garden Oasis appear to be friendly and helpful. When you first walk up to the door, there is a beautiful fountain and a garden of roses. When you walk in, there is a staff member behin... Read more