2 Assisted Living Facilities in Anacortes, WA
The average cost of assisted living in Anacortes is $2,850 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Anacortes. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Anacortes 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Oak Harbor with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Anacortes, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Anacortes, WA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Anacortes
Anacortes residents experience the allure of an island town, with convenient access to the mainland. With 12 miles of shoreline and 13 wheelchair accessible hiking trails, it's a wonderful place for seniors who enjoy coastal life. This beautiful town has two assisted living facilities (ALFs) and eight in the immediate area. These communities provide support to seven or more residents and when needed offer assistance with activities of daily living (ADL) such as housekeeping and medication management. ALFs throughout the state are regulated by the Washington Department of Social and Health Services through the Aging Long-Term Support Administration.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Anacortes
- The air is fresh and clean in Anacortes. The American Lung Association gives Skagit County an excellent A grade for both its Ozone and Particle Pollution 24-hour scores. Seniors with respiratory conditions may find they fare better here than in other more polluted areas.
- The Anacortes area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Island Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Skagit Transit is available to help seniors run errands, travel to appoints or explore the local culture. The Regional Reduced Fare Permit (RRFP) enables seniors across several counties, including Skagit, to ride public transit at a discounted rate. Buses are accessible to those with mobility devices such as wheelchairs, scooters, and walkers.
- The cost of living in Anacortes is 33.7 percent higher than the national average. This may make it challenging for seniors who are trying to grow or maintain their savings.
- The violent crime rate in Anacortes is at 25.0 out of 100 (1 being the safest), which is low compared to the national average of 31.1. Property crime is at 44.6, which is higher than the national average of 38.1. Seniors living here may be somewhat concerned about the property crime rates.
- Seniors in Anacortes enjoy a comfortable four season climate schedule. With an average high of 71 degrees Fahrenheit in the summer, seniors can easily get outside and enjoy the mild weather. Winter in Anacortes has an annual snowfall of three inches and an average low of 36 degrees, so seniors living with mobility issues should still be able to get around easily.
Paying for Assisted Living in Anacortes
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Washington
Assisted Living costs in Anacortes start around $2,850 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Anacortes and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Anacortes
Washington seniors that have Medicaid are eligible to receive financial assistance to cover the expenses of assisted living through the Medicaid Personal Care (MPC) program and/or the Community First Choice Option (CFCO). Seniors may qualify for additional help through the Washington Medicaid COPES (Community Options Program Entry System) waiver program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Washington page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Anacortes
Anacortes and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Anacortes, please visit our Assisted Living in Washington page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Anacortes
Anacortes-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Washington are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Washington page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Anacortes, WA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Anacortes
Review of Rosario Assisted Living
My mom moved into Rosario Assisted Living. I have not physically been able to go inside, but looking in through the windows everything seems to be good. COVID made it really tough, but she seems ha... Read more
Review of Chandler's Square Senior Living Community
Chandler's Square is a lovely and delightful facility, but it is not graduated care. So you have to move off campus if you are going to a different care. They don't have skilled nursing or dementia... Read more