20 Assisted Living Facilities near Kyle, TX
There are 20 Assisted Living Facilities in the Kyle area, with 3 in Kyle and 17 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Kyle is $3,545 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 64 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Kyle. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Kyle 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Wimberley with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Kyle, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Kyle, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Kyle
Kyle is located in the west-central region of the state and was founded in 1880. Today, the city is the second-largest in Hays County and is home to nearly 47,000 residents, an increase of 66% since 2010. Roughly 7% of Kyle's residents are aged 65 and over, and for those that need assistance with daily living activities, the region has 15 assisted living facilities. Two of these facilities are located in the city proper, and 13 more are located in surrounding cities.
In Kyle, there are three categories of assisted living facilities, including single-occupancy assisted living apartments, double-occupancy residential care apartments and residential care non-apartments. All types of facilities are governed by the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Kyle
- Kyle's air quality is relatively poor, which may be a concern for retirees. The American Lung Association rates the Austin-Round Rock-Georgetown metropolitan area, where Kyle is located, 47 out of 228 metropolitan areas for high ozone days and 32 out of 203 metropolitan areas for annual particle pollution.
- Public transportation in Kyle is provided by the Capital Area Rural Transportation System's Country Bus. Local service is available on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and seniors are eligible for a reduced fare.
- The Kyle area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Ascension Seton Hays, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- There is no state income tax in Texas, meaning that seniors in Kyle keep all of their retirement income, even that which is taxed at the federal level.
- Kyle has a warm climate and ranks 70 out of 100 on Sperling's Comfort Index, indicating a comfortable climate year-round. In August, the warmest month of the year, temperatures typically range between 72-96 degrees, and in January, the coolest month, temperatures range between 37-62 degrees. The city receives no snow in a typical year, which may be good for seniors who rely on mobility aids.
- Kyle's overall cost of living is about 9% higher than the national average. However, this is mainly due to the city's high housing and transportation-related costs. Healthcare costs here are about 5% below the national average, which may offset other living costs.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Kyle
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Kyle start around $3,545 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Kyle and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Kyle
Services provided in assisted living facilities and adult foster care homes in Kyle may be covered by STAR+PLUS, a Medicaid managed care program available to Texans.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Kyle
Kyle and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Kyle, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Kyle
Kyle-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Kyle
Review of Orchard Park of Kyle
Our tour experience with Orchard Park of Kyle was good. The place was clean and they seemed to have activities, so it seemed nice. The salesperson was really pushy, but other than that it was good.... Read more
Review of The Philomena Assisted Living and Memory Care
The Philomena was a little bit bigger than the other communities I visited. They had a large and good-sized eating area, and everything was clean and brand-new. They had a workout area like a physi... Read more
Review of New Haven Assisted Living and Memory Care - Kyle
I want to thank Kim , Dora , and Illianna for volunteering their Thanksgiving Day to help all us seniors that need assistance ! Our chef Joe spent today as well, served us a traditional T-Day dinne... Read more