5 Assisted Living Facilities near West Union, SC
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the West Union area, with 1 in West Union and 4 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 37 reviews below for assisted living facilities in West Union. On average, consumers rate assisted living in West Union 2.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Seneca with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in West Union, call (855) 863-8283.
1 Assisted Living Facility in West Union, SC
4 Assisted Living Facilities near West Union, SC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in West Union
Review of Foothills Manor
I didn't like the way they treated me at Foothills Assisted Living because I just sat down there, and they said they were busy. I waited for 2 hours by myself on a chair before they did anything fo... Read more
Review of Foothills Manor
Approximately four weeks ago, we moved my mother-in-law in a secured section of Foothills Manor. This section is for their Alzheimer's patients. We got her in a private room, which is very spacious... Read more
Assisted Living near Oconee County, SC
More Options Near West Union, SC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in West Union
Nestled just to the southeast of the Nantahala National Forest, West Union is a scenic city in South Carolina with beautiful views and easy access to Lake Keowee. Listed as one of the best places for seniors to retire in Oconee County, West Union is home to one assisted living facility, with five nearby in the cities of Seneca and Six Mile. Regulated by the South Carolina Board of Health and Environmental Control, these community residential care facilities provide room and board and a degree of personal care for two or more adults.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in West Union
- West Union has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Seneca.
- West Union has an array of community resources for seniors, including Senior Solutions, an organization that offers a full range of services, such as education, outings and employment for seniors in the area, as well as one senior center.
- For transportation to and from non-medical errands and doctor appointments, Senior Solutions offers pick-up and delivery services at discount fares. Trips should be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance. The service also provides handicap accessible vans and lift buses for those who need additional assistance.
- Seniors who live in West Union have a one in 11 chance of becoming a victim of a crime, which is a concern for those who run errands on their own. The overall crime rate in West Union is 238 percent higher than the national average.
- Seniors on a budget will find West Union an affordable place to live due to the low cost of living of 89.4. This is much lower than the national average of 100 and the state average of 94.
- Seniors who are sensitive to the heat may have a difficult time participating in outdoor activities in West Union during the summer due to the heat and humidity and highs around 89. Winters are cold, with lows around 30. The area gets around three inches of snow per year.
Paying for Assisted Living in West Union
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in South Carolina
Assisted Living costs in West Union start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in West Union and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in West Union
Help is available for eligible seniors to pay for an assisted living facility in West Union through the Medicaid State Plan. To become eligible for this waiver, seniors must meet all Medicaid program criteria and should currently receive the Optional State Supplement (OSS) to the Federal Supplemental Security Income program. Family supplementation is not allowed for private rooms.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in West Union
West Union and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in West Union, please visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in West Union
West Union-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in South Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page for more information about these laws.