6 Assisted Living Facilities near Little River, SC
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Little River area, with 2 in Little River and 4 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Little River is $4,200 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Myrtle Beach with an average starting cost of $3,767.
To help you with your search, browse the 50 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Little River. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Little River 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Little River, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Little River, SC
Assisted Living in Little River, SC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Little River
Named for the little river flowing through this town separating North and South Carolina, active seniors can enjoy Little River's natural beauty and the easy access to outdoor recreation. With some 44% of the population over the age of 60, three assisted living facilities are available in the immediate area for the residents' long-term needs.
In Little Rock, as in the rest of South Carolina, assisted living facilities are called community residential care facilities. The Bureau of Health Facilities Licensing regulates health care facilities in the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Little River
- Air quality in South Carolina tends to score high on the American Lung Association Report Card, and Little River scores 77 points for air quality out of a possible 100 based on information from the EPA's National Air Toxics Assessment. This makes it an ideal location for those seniors who are sensitive to environmental allergens.
- Crime in this area is higher than the national average, scoring 39.5 points out of 100 for violent crime compared to the national average of 22.7 points. Its rating of 71.1 points for property crime is twice as much as the rate across the nation, so seniors moving here should maintain good safety practices in-home and while out and about.
- The Little River area is home to world-class medical facilities, including McLeod Seacoast Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The cost of living is lower than average when compared to the rest of the country, scoring 88.7 out of 100, according to Best Places Cost of Living Index, making it easier for budget-minded older adults to pay for the things they need.
- Little River has gorgeous summers with four months of comfortable temperatures reaching into the 70 to 85 degree range. Seniors that love to spend winters outside find it easy to walk in the snowiest month of December, where the average snowfall is very light with an average of .6 inches.
- Seniors who get around on buses can use the Coast RTA transit system that also offers paratransit services for those in wheelchairs.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Little River
Assisted Living Costs in Little River
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Little River
Medicaid does not help pay for assisted living in South Carolina. There are many waivers that may be available to qualified seniors that can pay for assisted living services, including the Community Supports waiver that helps those that have disabilities with their personal care needs.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Little River
Free Assisted Living Resources in Little River
Assisted Living Communities in Little River
Caring Star Winners in Little River Area
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Little River Area
Assisted Living near Little River, SC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Little River
Review of River Park Senior Living
I considered moving my husband to River Park Senior Living, but they did not have a skilled level that they can move him up to. You have to move out of the facility to a skilled nursing home. They ... Read more
Review of River Park Senior Living
River Park Senior Living was a real nice facility, but it was expensive. The apartments were very nice and spacious. They had lots of activities. They went shopping a couple of times a week and the... Read more