1 Assisted Living Facility in Due West, SC
The average cost of assisted living in Due West is $2,950 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,380. Cheaper nearby regions include Greenwood with an average starting cost of $2,830.
To help you with your search, browse the 5 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Due West. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Due West 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Fountain Inn with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Due West, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Due West
Due West, S.C., is a small college town that grew from the founding of an Associate Reformed Presbyterian church — the only church of that denomination in the country. Seniors can attend events at Erskine College, which serves as the heart of the town. There is one assisted living facility available in town, along with another 16 in nearby cities such as Anderson, Fountain Inn and Greenwood. At these assisted living facilities, seniors receive room and board in a residential setting, along with personal care services that include medication management and help with the activities of daily living. In Due West, as in all of South Carolina, assisted living facilities, which are known as community residential living facilities, are licensed by the state's Department of Health and Environmental Control.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Due West
• The cost of living in Due West is 7.9 percent lower than the national average, making it an attractive option for seniors living on a fixed or restriction income.
• The town of Due West has no community resources for seniors, but the nearby community of Greenwood features resources including the Piedmont Agency on Aging, an organization that provides transportation and Meals on Wheels, as well as one senior center.
• Due West experiences a climate comfort index of 69, compared to the U.S. average of 54, meaning it's a comfortable place to live. Summertime highs run in the low 90s, and wintertime lows dip just below freezing, though Due West gets little snow each year.
• The Due West area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Abbeville Area Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
• Due West has no public transportation in town, though a nearby Greyhound bus station runs several buses a day through the area. Seniors can get a 5 percent discount on all fares.
• Due West has a low crime rate, averaging about one-quarter the national crime rate. Violent crime is negligible in the town, which experiences at the most a couple of dozen property crimes per year, so seniors can feel safe living here.
Paying for Assisted Living in Due West
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in South Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Due West start around $2,950 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Due West and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Due West
Eligible seniors who meet functional and financial restrictions may qualify for help paying their assisted living bills in Due West through South Carolina's Community Choices Medicaid waiver program, also known as South Carolina Community Long Term Care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Due West
Due West and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Due West, please visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Due West
Due West-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in South Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Due West
Review of The Renaissance
The Renaissance stands out to us because of its personal touch. The owner of the place lives there onsite. It is impeccably well-maintained too. I have seen nurses all over walking around the place... Read more
Review of The Renaissance
My friend is in the assisted living of The Renaissance. The experience has been good. He likes it and is doing really well. They play cards, music, sing, arts and crafts, and get together to eat lu... Read more
Review of The Renaissance
I liked The Renaissance and I liked their apartments. I liked everything about it. The food was good. The rooms were nice and very homey, good enough for 1 person. The staff was very friendly. It l... Read more