9 Assisted Living Facilities near Woonsocket, RI
Also serving communities of North Smithfield.
There are 9 Assisted Living Facilities in the Woonsocket area, with 2 in Woonsocket and 7 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 53 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Woonsocket. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Woonsocket 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Woonsocket, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Woonsocket, RI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Woonsocket
Woonsocket, located on the Blackstone River in northern Rhode Island, has a long industrial history. Its first textile mill opened in 1810, and by the middle of the century, Woonsocket was one of the largest textile manufacturing centers in the country. While the mills are now closed, the city of approximately 41,600 people is still a major urban center.
Nearly 14% of Woonsocket’s residents are seniors, and if they need help with activities of daily living, they can visit any of the nine assisted living facilities in the area. In Woonsocket, these facilities are licensed by the Center for Health Facilities Regulation, a division of the Rhode Island Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Woonsocket
- Woonsocket has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Providence.
- The city offers some cultural opportunities that may interest seniors. The St. Ann Arts and Cultural Center is home to a large collection of fresco paintings. At the Museum of Work and Culture, seniors can learn about the city’s early immigrants and industrial past.
- In Woonsocket, winters are cold and snowy. January lows dip into the teens, and 51 inches of snow falls each year, on average. Summers are mild, with highs in the 80s. These distinct seasons are ideal for seniors who enjoy both summer and winter sports.
- Woonsocket’s cost of living is lower than the Rhode Island average, but it’s still 10.1% more expensive than the national norm. Housing, utilities and transportation tend to cost more here. However, health care costs are 17.4% lower than the U.S. average, which may make the area more affordable for seniors.
- In recent years, Rhode Island has become more tax-friendly for retirees, which might help Woonsocket seniors with restrictive budgets. Many seniors don’t need to pay tax on their Social Security benefits. For many seniors, the first $15,000 of retirement income, such as IRAs and 401(k)s, is tax-exempt.
- In Rhode Island, 92% of communities have a lower crime rate than Woonsocket, so seniors may consider taking security precautions. Woonsocket residents have a one in 44 chance of becoming a victim of a property crime, but for violent crime, the chance is only one in 189.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Woonsocket
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Rhode Island
Assisted Living costs in Woonsocket start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Woonsocket and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Woonsocket
Rhode Island has two programs available for Woonsocket seniors who need help with assisted living costs: the Global Comsumer Choice Compact Medicaid Waiver and the SSI Enhanced Assisted Living Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Rhode Island page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Rhode Island page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Woonsocket
Woonsocket and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Woonsocket, please visit our Assisted Living in Rhode Island page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Woonsocket
Woonsocket-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Rhode Island are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Rhode Island page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Woonsocket, RI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Woonsocket
Review of Wyndemere Woods
The facilities were very clean and looked relatively new and well cared for. The staff was very helpful and friendly in terms of showing us around. They seemed to be genuinely interested in helping... Read more