114 Assisted Living Facilities near Wyncote, PA
There are 114 Assisted Living Facilities in the Wyncote area, with 2 in Wyncote and 112 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 657 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Wyncote. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Wyncote 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Willow Grove with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Wyncote, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Wyncote, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Wyncote
The historic district of Wyncote, which is located in Cheltenham Township, was established as an upscale residential area in the late 1880s. Since then, this community has grown to over 3,000 residents, with well over a quarter of the population being 65 and over.
Area seniors have three assisted living facilities in Wyncote proper to choose from, and those looking for more options can find over 100 more facilities nearby. These facilities are categorized as either assisted living residences, which are licensed by the Department of Aging, or personal care homes, which are licensed by the Department of Public Welfare.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Wyncote
- Ozone pollution levels in Wyncote are very high, which may be a concern for seniors with conditions like COPD or asthma. The American Lung Association gives Montgomery County, where Wyncote is located, an F for ozone pollution.
- Wyncote seniors do not pay state income tax on Social Security income or money drawn from retirement accounts, and those who are at least 60 years old do not pay state income tax on income from public or private pensions.
- The Wyncote area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Philadelphia.
- Wyncote is a relatively expensive place to live, with a cost of living that is about 30% higher than state and national averages. Healthcare costs are about 15% higher than in the nation as a whole, which may be a consideration for seniors who are managing chronic health conditions.
Safety in Wyncote is rated 42 out of 100, indicating that the community has a lower crime rate than 42% of cities across the nation with similar population sizes. However, when compared only to communities with similar population sizes, Wyncote's crime rate is considerably higher than average. Seniors who are researching local assisted living facilities may want to find one with security features like alarm systems.
- Summers in Wyncote last from late May to the middle of September, and the July high is around 86 degrees. The cold season lasts from early December to early March, and lows are in the mid-20s. This may appeal to seniors who enjoy experiencing four distinct seasons.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Wyncote
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Wyncote start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Wyncote and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Wyncote
Neither the state's Medicaid program nor any of its waiver programs cover assisted living services. However, Wyncote seniors who receive Supplemental Security Income can use this benefit toward assisted living expenses.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Wyncote
Wyncote and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Wyncote, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Wyncote
Wyncote-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Wyncote, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Wyncote
Review of Hopkins Center
Caring innovative staff attention to patient needs and was grateful for how they kept the family informed Read more