7 Assisted Living Facilities near Waymart, PA
There are 7 Assisted Living Facilities in the Waymart area.
To help you with your search, browse the 14 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Waymart. Better rated regions include Clarks Summit with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Waymart, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Waymart
Waymart, Pennsylvania, is home to Wayside Park where parades and events such as the annual Waystock Festival take place. Seniors can spend sunny days enjoying the park’s lush scenery, as well as choose from 26 assisted living facilities.
The Pennsylvania Department of Human Services regulates the policies of assisted living facilities, which are defined as facilities that provide support and personal care services to seniors. Staff may offer assistance with the activities of daily living such as personal hygiene, medication management and prepared meals.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Waymart
- Seniors may have a hard time getting around in the winter months due to the heavy snowfall of 66 inches, and a low average of 13 degrees in January. July’s high average is a balmy 78 degrees for seniors willing to brave the winter chill.
- The national average for the U.S. cost of living is 100, compared to Waymart, which is rated at 86.4. Seniors on a tight budget may feel some relief here due to this 13-point decrease in average living costs.
- Seniors who are seeking transportation to doctor’s appointments or grocery shopping have access to the Regional Transit Service (RTS) that runs through the entire Wayne County. Seniors receive a discount when riding the RTS.
- The Waymart area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Wayne Memorial Community Health Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors living in Waymart can feel quite secure in their own homes. The national property crime average is 38.1 out of 100 (1 being the safest), and Waymart is rated much lower, at 29.
- History buffs can visit the Waymart Historical Society within the Delaware and Hudson Gravity Depot, a museum filled with artifacts from the old depot. Seniors can also explore the nearby Bethel School, a one-room schoolhouse that was built before 1872 and was running up until 1951.
Paying for Assisted Living in Waymart
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Waymart start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Waymart and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Waymart
The state of Pennsylvania has the PA Domiciliary Care Program available for qualified seniors to help cover the costs of assisted living. Seniors who have or are eligible for Medicaid may be able to receive benefits from the Medicaid waiver, Community HealthChoices (CHC) for similar aid.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Waymart
Waymart and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Waymart, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Waymart
Waymart-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.