3 Assisted Living Facilities near Titusville, PA
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Titusville area, with 2 in Titusville and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 5 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Titusville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Titusville 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Titusville, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Titusville, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Titusville
Titusville is a small city of about 5,600 people, nearly 20% of whom are aged 65 and over. The city is home to the Titusville Senior Center, which is operated by the Titusville Area Senior Citizens Corporation. Through this center, members can participate in bus trips, wellness programs and congregate meals.
In Titusville, as in the rest of Pennsylvania, assisted living facilities provide housing, meals and care services for seniors who are unable to safely live alone. Facilities may be classified as personal care homes, which are governed by the Department of Public Welfare, or as assisted living residences, which are governed by the Department of Aging. Titusville is home to two facilities, and there is one more in nearby Oil City.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Titusville
- The Titusville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Titusville Area Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- In Titusville, seniors don't pay state income tax on any type of retirement income, including government and private pensions, money from retirement accounts or Social Security benefits. This may make it easier to afford assisted living expenses.
- With an overall cost of living that is more than 25% lower than the state and national median, Titusville may be a financially viable option for seniors with fixed incomes. The low cost of living is mainly due to very affordable housing, but seniors may also expect to spend about 12% less on healthcare here than in the average Pennsylvania city.
- Titusville is a safe city with an overall crime rate that is lower than the national median. On a 100-point index, the city's property crime rate is a little lower than the national average at 31.8, and the violent crime rate is about 10 points lower at 11.6. This may appeal to seniors who complete their errands alone.
Titusville's summers are mild with highs around 81 degrees, but winters are very cold with lows in the teens and an average annual snowfall of nearly 90 inches. Seniors may want to find an assisted living facility that offers indoor activities during the cold months.
- The air quality in Titusville is rated 64 on a 100-point health index, which is a little higher than the national average of 58. This may benefit seniors with conditions like COPD.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Titusville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Titusville start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Titusville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Titusville
Low-income seniors in Titusville who draw Supplemental Security Income can use this cash benefit toward personal care and room-and-board expenses in assisted living facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Titusville
Titusville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Titusville, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Titusville
Titusville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Titusville
Review of Country Acres Personal Care Home
I visited Country Acres Personal Care Home, and it was amazing. I had my mother-in-law there. Theyre small, very personal, had excellent staff to resident ratio, and kept the family in at all time... Read more
Review of Southwoods Assisted Living
Southwoods Assisted Living had comfortable and warm apartments. The residents put up personal decorations, so they looked very home-like. I saw some residents playing cards while some were talking.... Read more
Review of Country Acres Personal Care Home
I like Country Acres. It's located in the country, and it's a personal care facility with about 30 patients; they're extremely caring. They help mom with meals, housekeeping, laundry, and meds. I d... Read more