9 Assisted Living Facilities near Rossiter, PA
Also serving communities of Hillsdale, Commodore, Cherry Tree, Northern Cambria.
There are 9 Assisted Living Facilities in the Rossiter area, with 3 in Rossiter and 6 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 5 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Rossiter. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Rossiter 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Punxsutawney with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Rossiter, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Rossiter, PA
6 Assisted Living Facilities near Rossiter, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Rossiter
Located in Indiana County, Rossiter, Pennsylvania, is just five miles from Gobber's Knob where Punxsutawney Phil makes his appearance each February 2nd. Of 646 people living in the town, 22.6% are aged 65 and over, and some of them may eventually need help with the tasks of daily living.
To accommodate this group, there are three assisted living facilities in Rossiter and six more in nearby towns, such as Hillsdale, Commodore and Cherry Tree. In Pennsylvania, including Rossiter, assisted living facilities are called assisted living residences (ALR) and are overseen by the state's Department of Aging, Office of Long-Term Living, Division of Licensing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Rossiter
- In Rossiter and the rest of Pennsylvania, seniors don't pay taxes on retirement income, such as Social Security, IRAs and 401(k)s. Pension income for seniors over 60 is also exempt, which may leave area seniors with more money in their wallets.
- Rossiter has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Punxsutawney.
- At 78.7, Rossiter's cost of living is 21% lower than the state and national medians. At 37.8, the town's housing costs are less than half the state average, which is good news for family members moving here to be closer to loved ones in assisted living facilities.
- Rossiter's violent crime rate is 12.5, about half the national median of 22.7, and its property crime rate is 22.5, nearly 13 points lower than the national average of 35.4. These favorable crime stats might help seniors feel more confident while going to appointments in town.
- With a temperature range of 16 to 81 degrees, Rossiter might be perfect for seniors who crave seasonal changes. However, loved ones may wish to make sure that facilities keep residents comfortable in high or low temperatures. There are just 162 sunny days per year compared to the U.S. average of 205 sunny days.
- On a scale of 1 to 100, where 100 is best, Rossiter's air quality is 80, 22% higher than the U.S. median. This may help seniors with COPD and other respiratory illnesses breathe easier here than in similarly sized towns across the country.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Rossiter
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Rossiter start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Rossiter and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Rossiter
According to PA Code 2800.27, seniors cannot be charged more than their monthly income for assisted living services. In Rossiter and the rest of the state, seniors who already have SSI might be able to qualify for assistance for assisted living costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Rossiter
Rossiter and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Rossiter, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Rossiter
Rossiter-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Rossiter
Review of Harmon's Personal Care Home
The Nursing home I had visited was very homie, I felt comfortable like I was at my grandparents house again. Everyone was very nice and the nurses seemed very caring and welcoming and i think that ... Read more