9 Assisted Living Facilities near Normalville, PA
There are 9 Assisted Living Facilities in the Normalville area, with 2 in Normalville and 7 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Normalville is $1,088 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 7 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Normalville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Normalville 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Normalville, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Normalville, PA
7 Assisted Living Facilities near Normalville, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Normalville
Normalville is a small farming community in the southwestern region of the state, not far from Uniontown and set against the westernmost ridges of the Allegheny Mountains, which loom over the gardens and parks on the town's edges. Just over 130,000 people live in Fayette County, with more than 21% being seniors aged 65 and over.
The relatively small town of Normalville has two assisted living facilities within its limits to serve these seniors. All residential care communities in the state are regulated by the Pennsylvania Department of Human Resources Assisted Living Residence Licensing division, which inspects facilities in and around Normalville.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Normalville
- The weather in Normalville runs from balmy and humid summers to cool dry winters. Summer highs in Normalville average 84 degrees, while winter lows average 20. Spring and summer see roughly 43 inches of rain, with the raised pollen counts that can cause issues for some seniors with asthma, and winters bring up to 25 inches of snow.
- The cost of living in Normalville is generally lower than the national average. Across all categories of common expenses, seniors in Normalville pay around 12% less than nationwide. Healthcare is especially affordable, with local costs hovering around 16% lower than the national average.
- Crime rates in Normalville are high by national standards. Rates of all crime combined are roughly 33% higher in the Normalville area than the national median, though much of this heightened rate results from property crimes such as theft. Seniors are relatively safe in Normalville, as the violent crime rate is still slightly below the national average.
- Public transportation in Normalville is in the hands of Fayette Area Coordinated Transportation (FACT). FACT operates regular routes throughout the county, with on-demand service available for disabled riders. Seniors may qualify for a discount transit ID card, which carries a half-off discount fare.
- The Normalville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Highlands Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Normalville has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Senior LIFE Uniontown, an organization that offers in-home caregiver support and various medical assistance programs for seniors throughout the county, as well as more than 20 senior centers.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Normalville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Normalville start around $1,088 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Normalville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Normalville
Seniors in the Normalville area who meet state income and asset guidelines can get help with the cost of assisted living through SSI.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Normalville
Normalville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Normalville, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Normalville
Normalville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Normalville, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Normalville
Review of Eicher's Family Home Care
We selected Eicher's Family Home for Mom. It's very clean and the residents are well taken care of, which you can tell by the way they look. They are dressed and they don't sit in wheelchairs, but ... Read more