16 Assisted Living Facilities near Lilly, PA
Also serving communities of Cresson, Ebensburg, St Benedict.
There are 16 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lilly area, with 2 in Lilly and 14 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 16 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lilly. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lilly 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lilly, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Lilly, PA
14 Assisted Living Facilities near Lilly, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lilly
The town of Lilly lies in central Pennsylvania along the Little Conemaugh River, and, in 1806, it was built on swampland before being named after one of its earliest settlers. Today, 969 people live here, 18% of whom are aged 65 and over. To serve those in this group in need of assistance with the tasks of daily living, there are two assisted living facilities in Lily and 14 more in surrounding communities.
In Pennsylvania, including Lilly, the Department of Aging, Office of Long-Term Living, Division of Licensing licenses and regulates assisted living residences, as assisted living facilities are known in the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lilly
- At 87, air quality in Lilly is 29 points higher than the national average, 58. This is based on measurements of hazardous air pollutants by the EPA's National Air Toxics Assessment. Seniors moving to Lilly may find it much easier to breathe here than in many other cities across the country.
- Pennsylvania seniors in Lilly and across the state enjoy a moderately tax-friendly status. Seniors are exempt from taxes on retirement income such as IRAs, Social Security or 401(k)s, which may help save a little more money monthly assisted living fees.
- Lilly has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Altoona.
- With a cost of living of 80.5, compared to the state and national average of 100, Lilly may be a good destination for families of seniors looking for an assisted living facility. Housing costs are less than half the state average and just 37% of the national average, and utilities and groceries are cheaper too.
- Summers in Lilly are moderate, with highs of 80 in July. Winters can be frigid, with January lows dipping to 17. There are about 163 sunny days in Lilly, compared to 205 nationwide. Seniors who are sensitive to the cold may be uncomfortable during the coldest days of winter.
- Both violent crime at 6.6 and property crime at 7 are a fraction of the U.S. averages of 22.7 for violent crime and 35.4 for property crime. As a result, seniors may feel safe while attending appointments or running errands in town.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lilly
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Lilly start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lilly and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lilly
In Pennsylvania, including Lilly, seniors eligible for SSI could also be eligible for help paying for assisted living costs. According to PA Code 2800.27, seniors can't be charged more than their monthly income by assisted living facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lilly
Lilly and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lilly, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lilly
Lilly-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Lilly, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lilly
Review of Helping Hand Rescue Mission
My family seen them have a cook out at delgrosso park my hat is off to them Read more