114 Assisted Living Facilities near Flourtown, PA
Also serving communities of Wyndmoor.
There are 114 Assisted Living Facilities in the Flourtown area, with 2 in Flourtown and 112 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 598 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Flourtown. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Flourtown 1.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lafayette Hill with an average rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Flourtown, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Flourtown, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Flourtown
Flourtown, located in Springfield Township, was named in the 18th century for its three local mills, which were powered by the Wissahickon Creek and its tributaries. Today, this community is home to about 4,500 people, roughly 17% of whom are aged 65 and over.
To accommodate the community's senior population, Flourtown has two assisted living facilities, and there are over 100 more in the surrounding area. Assisted living facilities in this community, as in all of Pennsylvania, may also be called assisted living residences or personal care homes. Assisted living residences are licensed by the Department of Aging, and personal care homes are licensed through the Department of Public Welfare.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Flourtown
- The air quality in Flourtown is subpar, which may be a concern for seniors with certain health conditions. The American Lung Association gives Montgomery County, where Flourtown is located, an F for ozone pollution. This type of pollution, which is also called smog, may worsen conditions like COPD and heart disease.
- Flourtown has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Philadelphia.
- The overall cost of living in Flourtown is about 35% higher than the state and national average, which may be a concern for retirees who have tight assisted living budgets.
Summers in Flourtown are warm and humid, with July highs in the mid-80s and muggy, oppressive or miserable conditions more than 10% of the time, which may affect the health and comfort of seniors with health conditions that are exacerbated by heat and humidity. Winters are cold, with January highs around 40 degrees.
- Flourtown's overall crime rate is lower than the U.S. average, which may appeal to seniors looking for a safe community for their retirement. On a 100-point scale on which a low score indicates low crime, the community's violent crime rate is 10.6, compared to the national average of 22.7. The property crime rate is 18.4, which is 17 points lower than the national average of 35.4.
- In Flourtown, seniors do not pay state income tax on Social Security benefits or withdrawals from retirement savings accounts, and those who are 60 and over do not pay state income tax on money from public or private pensions.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Flourtown
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Flourtown start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Flourtown and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Flourtown
While assisted living in Flourtown is not covered through Pennsylvania's Medicaid program or through any waivers, low-income seniors who qualify for Supplemental Security Income can use this benefit to cover some of the costs of their care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Flourtown
Flourtown and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Flourtown, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Flourtown
Flourtown-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Flourtown
Review of Harston Hall
I am in here now and don't go ! An absolute disgrace! I was sent g here to finish antibiotics from Pennsylvania hospital and the staff good are nothing short of horrendous! The way they talk to you... Read more
Review of Harston Hall
You will Die in this place, Had a good friend with MS staying at Harston Hall, she had to be lifted with a lifter to be place in her wheel chair, she called me to tell how awe full was this place,... Read more
Review of Harston Hall
If you hear someone say Harston Hall you need to run , walk, crawl, roll, as far as you can. When you hear stories about nursing homes I never believed them to be true until I came to this facilit... Read more