41 Assisted Living Facilities near Fenelton, PA
Also serving communities of Worthington, Chicora, East Brady, Parker.
There are 41 Assisted Living Facilities in the Fenelton area, with 2 in Fenelton and 39 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 79 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Fenelton. Better rated regions include Butler with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Fenelton, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Fenelton, PA
39 Assisted Living Facilities near Fenelton, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fenelton
Fenelton, population 2,036, is a small unincorporated city in Butler County, which is located in the west-central region of Pennsylvania. In this county, seniors account for over 15% of the population of 184,000 people.
There are over three dozen assisted living facilities in the Fenelton region, including two within the city proper. These facilities may either be licensed by the Department of Aging as assisted living residences or by the Department of Public Welfare as personal care homes.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fenelton
- Seniors in Fenelton do not pay state income tax on their Social Security benefits or income from retirement accounts, and taxpayers age 60 and older do not pay state income tax on public or private pension income.
- The overall cost of living in Fenelton is right on par with state and national averages. Transportation expenses here are about 25% higher than the national average, which may affect seniors who drive their own vehicles or use public transportation. However, this may be offset by other living expenses like housing, groceries and healthcare, which are all lower than the national median.
- The crime rate in Fenelton is lower than the national average, which may make the city an attractive option for safety-minded seniors. On a 100-point index, the community's property crime rate is 24.3, versus the national average of 35.4, and the violent crime rate is 19.9, compared to the national average of 22.7.
- The Fenelton area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Butler.
Temperatures in Fenelton range between 18 and 83 degrees, compared to the U.S. averages of 22 and 86 degrees. The region receives about 35 inches of annual snowfall, which is about 7 inches more than the U.S. average of 28 inches and may pose a problem for seniors who rely on mobility aids.
- Transportation for seniors in Fenelton is provided by Butler County Community Action, which operates shared ride and demand response service, and by Butler Transit Authority, which provides free transit for seniors.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fenelton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Fenelton start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fenelton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fenelton
While neither Pennsylvania's Medicaid program nor any of its waivers cover assisted living services, low-income seniors who receive Supplemental Security Income may use it toward assisted living expenses in Fenelton.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fenelton
Fenelton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Fenelton, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fenelton
Fenelton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.