41 Assisted Living Facilities near Fayetteville, PA
Also serving communities of Quincy, Waynesboro.
There are 41 Assisted Living Facilities in the Fayetteville area, with 2 in Fayetteville and 39 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Fayetteville is $4,500 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Chambersburg with an average starting cost of $4,372.
To help you with your search, browse the 131 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Fayetteville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Fayetteville 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Shippensburg with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Fayetteville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Fayetteville, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fayetteville
Fayetteville is a medium-sized town on the forested road between Chambersburg and Gettysburg. Home to just 20,000 people, 18% of whom are seniors aged 65 and over, the area in and around Fayetteville has 41 assisted living facilities where local seniors can live as comfortably and independently as their health allows. These facilities, like all residential care communities throughout the state, are inspected and licensed through the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fayetteville
- The climate in Fayetteville is generally mild, with warm summers that see average daily high temperatures of 81 degrees. Winters in Fayetteville can be cold, with overnight lows of 19 degrees, which may be an issue for temperature-sensitive seniors. The Fayetteville area gets around 47 inches of rain a year.
- The cost of living in Fayetteville is low in most categories, though there are exceptions in some categories. Overall, seniors in Fayetteville pay just 93% of the average cost for most expenses, though healthcare in town costs around 31% more than the national average.
- Crime rates in Fayetteville are relatively low, both for American cities and for urban areas in the state of Pennsylvania. Across all crime categories, incidents in Fayetteville are close to 20% less common. This is an enormous reduction from 2003, when rates were double the 2016 level, making Fayetteville a relatively safe city for seniors.
- Seniors in Fayetteville can sign up for rabbittransit, a multi-county ride-sharing service operating in Adams, Columbia, Cumberland, Franklin, Montour, Northumberland, Snyder, Union and York Counties. Seniors can schedule trips between any two addresses in this coverage area. Rabbittransit operates multiple ADA-compliant vehicles, though rides are available only to members of the ride-sharing program. Seniors enrolled in the program can call the Franklin County customer service center to schedule door-to-door service on relatively short notice.
- The Fayetteville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Chambersburg Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Fayetteville has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Chambersburg Senior Activity Center, an organization that provides adult day care, caregiver support and some meal service for Franklin County seniors, as well as more than three senior centers.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fayetteville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Fayetteville start around $4,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fayetteville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fayetteville
Seniors in Fayetteville who qualify for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) may be able to find assisted living at reduced rates. Assisted living facilities in Pennsylvania are required to charge less per month than their residents' SSI monthly income, minus necessary expenses.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fayetteville
Fayetteville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Fayetteville, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fayetteville
Fayetteville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Fayetteville, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Fayetteville
Review of Paramount Senior Living at Chambersburg
My parents are residents of Paramount Senior Living. Other than the food, I like it. The amenities are very good. I have a meeting with them at 3:00 p.m. to discuss some concerns with them, so they... Read more
Review of Michaux Manor Living Center
Michaux Manor is set up beautifully and everyone is very nice. My mother has been difficult, but they have been trying to deal with her the best way possible. I would definitely recommend them. She... Read more
Review of Paramount Senior Living at Chambersburg
My father was in memory care. Thought everything was going fine until the Village of Laurel Run exhausted all his funds in 8 months ,all along telling me not to worry they will take what he gets in... Read more