15 Assisted Living Facilities near Dunlevy, PA
Also serving communities of Fayette City, Allenport.
There are 15 Assisted Living Facilities in the Dunlevy area, with 2 in Dunlevy and 13 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 14 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Dunlevy. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Dunlevy 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Dunlevy, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Dunlevy, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Dunlevy
Dunlevy, Pennsylvania, is located about 20 minutes from Pittsburgh, and local seniors may enjoy a bit of the macabre at nearby Castle Blood, which is a favorite area Halloween haunt. There are just 381 people living in Dunlevy and 23% of them are aged 65 and over. To accommodate these seniors with the tasks of daily living, there are two assisted living facilities in Dunlevy, with 14 more in surrounding communities.
In Dunlevy and the rest of the state, the Department of Aging, Office of Long-Term Living, Division of Licensing regulates and licenses assisted living residences (ALRs), as assisted living facilities are called in Pennsylvania.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Dunlevy
- On a scale of 1 (worst) to 100 (best), Dunlevy ties the U.S. average of 58 in air quality, as measured by the EPA. This means that seniors with asthma and other respiratory illnesses may breathe as easily here as in most cities across the country.
- At less than 40% of the U.S. average, low housing costs in Dunlevy largely account for its cost of living rating of 85, compared to state and national averages of 100. This may help families of seniors in assisted living facilities find more room in the budget for monthly fees.
- With a temperature range of 21 to 84 degrees, Dunlevy's climate is on par with state averages. It also matches the national average rainfall of 38 inches per year. Seniors may find the temperatures about as comfortable as many cities in the U.S.
- Dunlevy's violent crime rate is 11.1, which is half the U.S. average of 22. Its property crime rate is 20.1, more than 15 points lower than the national average. Despite the low crime rates, seniors may still want to find out what security measures are in place at facilities they tour.
- Pennsylvania seniors, including those in Johnstown, live in a moderately tax-friendly state. Seniors are exempt from taxes on retirement income such as IRAs, Social Security or 401(k)s, which may help save a little more money for assisted living expenses.
- Dunlevy has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Belle Vernon.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Dunlevy
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Dunlevy start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Dunlevy and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Dunlevy
In Pennsylvania, including Dunlevy, seniors who receive SSI may be able to receive financial assistance for assisted living costs. According to PA Code 2800.27, seniors can't be charged more than their monthly income for assisted living facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Dunlevy
Dunlevy and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Dunlevy, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Dunlevy
Dunlevy-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Dunlevy
Review of Adult Assisted Living Inc
I felt that Adult Assisted Living is a wonderful facility. I have personal experience with this facility as my husband's grandmother lived here and eventually died here. Her care was excellent. ... Read more