Assisted Living Facilities in Corry, PA
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Corry, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Corry, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Corry
The small city of Corry is located in the northwest region of Pennsylvania on the south shore of Lake Erie. It's home to approximately 6,600 residents, including a senior community that is made up of about 1,100 residents. These seniors are served by the Corry Senior Center, which is open weekly from Tuesday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Corry has two assisted living facilities for local seniors who need assistance with daily living activities to choose from. Like all facilities in the state, these are classified either as assisted living residences, licensed through the Department of Aging, or personal care homes, which are licensed by the Department of Public Welfare.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Corry
- The Corry area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Corry Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Pennsylvania seniors do not pay income taxes at the state level on any type of retirement income, which may leave more money in the budget for expenses associated with assisted living for Corry seniors.
- Corry is an affordable place to live, with an overall cost of living that is 20% below the state average. The low cost of housing, utilities and food, along with healthcare costs that are about 15% below the state median, may make Corry a good option for budget-conscious seniors.
- Corry's violent crime rate is on par with the national average, rating 23.7. However, its property crime rate is about 20 points higher at 55.1, indicating that residents are more likely to be the victim of a property-related crime here than in the average U.S. city. Seniors may want to find an assisted living facility that uses security equipment like surveillance cameras to keep residents safe.
- On a 100-point health index, Corry's air quality is rated nearly 10 points higher than the national average at 67. This indicates that the city has cleaner air than the average U.S. city, which may benefit seniors with respiratory or cardiovascular conditions.
- Summers in Corry are pleasant and mild with highs around 80 and few days with uncomfortable humidity levels. However, winters are very harsh, which may be a concern for seniors who use mobility aids. Winter lows are around 15 degrees, and the city gets an average annual snowfall of 143 inches.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Corry
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Corry start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Corry and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Corry
Seniors in Corry who receive Supplemental Security Income can use this cash benefit to help cover local assisted living expenses.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Corry
Corry and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Corry, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Corry
Corry-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.