8 Assisted Living Facilities near Clarksville, PA
There are 8 Assisted Living Facilities in the Clarksville area, with 2 in Clarksville and 6 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Clarksville. Better rated regions include Monongahela with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Clarksville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Clarksville, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Clarksville
Clarksville is a very small farm town built into an odd bend of South Fork Tenmile Creek, surrounded by woods and farmland, in the rich Pennsylvania soil south of Pittsburgh in Greene County. Only 36,500 people live in the county, with just under 19% of residents being seniors aged 65 and over. The area in and around Clarksville is home to no fewer than 30 assisted living facilities, all of which are inspected and licensed through the Pennsylvania Department of Human Resources Assisted Living Residence Licensing division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Clarksville
- Clarksville's normal weather includes warm and humid summers and snowy winters. August highs average 84 degrees, while December lows average 20. Approximately 43 inches of rain falls on Clarksville each year, mostly in the spring and summer, which can raise allergens that seniors with asthma have issues managing. Snowfall in winter averages 25 inches in Clarksville.
- The cost of living in Clarksville is substantially lower than the average costs seniors pay nationwide. Across all common household expenses, seniors in Clarksville pay 20% less than the national average, while healthcare costs tend to be roughly 7% less expensive than the national media.
- Crime rates in Clarksville are so low, it's actually difficult to calculate percentages. In 2017, for example, this town of just over 200 people had three burglaries and three stolen cars. No other crimes were reported in that year. Other years have similarly low figures, with some periods seeing an effective crime rate of zero, making Clarksville an exceptionally safe place for seniors to live.
- Public transportation in Clarksville is largely provided by Greene County Transportation. The county transit authority operates scheduled routes as far to the north as Bentleyville, with connections available to Pittsburgh. Seniors are asked to register with the authority and schedule any trips at least one day in advance.
- The Clarksville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Monongahela Valley Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- CITY has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Southwestern Pennsylvania Area Agency on Aging, an organization that helps seniors get in-home caregiver support, nutritional services, personal needs and transportation vouchers, as well as more than half a dozen senior centers.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Clarksville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Clarksville start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Clarksville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Clarksville
Seniors in Clarksville who meet the state limits for Medicaid can get help with the cost of assisted living through SSI. There are no other waivers specifically designed for assisted living in PA.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Clarksville
Clarksville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Clarksville, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Clarksville
Clarksville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.