10 Assisted Living Facilities near Centre Hall, PA
Also serving communities of Reedsville, Mc Alisterville.
There are 10 Assisted Living Facilities in the Centre Hall area, with 1 in Centre Hall and 9 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 26 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Centre Hall. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Centre Hall 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Centre Hall, call (855) 863-8283.
1 Assisted Living Facility in Centre Hall, PA
9 Assisted Living Facilities near Centre Hall, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Centre Hall
Located in Penns Valley, the borough of Centre Hall renowned for its annual Grange County Fair, which may interest seniors in the area. Seniors 65 and over make up more than 20 percent of the population in Centre Hall. Those who elect to live in assisted living facilities (ALFs) in Centre Hall have nine to choose from. These facilities are regulated by the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services and are known as personal care homes, which provide assistance to seniors with tasks and activities like dressing and bathing. Some may offer personalized medical care for seniors with conditions like dementia.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Centre Hall
- The Centre Hall area has an array of resources for seniors, including the Active Adult Center, which offers health screenings, social and recreational activities, and special events.
- Centre Hall has an excellent reputation in terms of safety that seniors can appreciate. It has an annual rate of 736 per 100,000 people, which is considerably less than the national average of 2,837 per 100,000 people.
- The Centre Hall area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Mount Nittany Health, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The region features many cultural attractions that seniors may enjoy visiting like the Palmer Museum of Art and the Penn State Arboretum in nearby State College.
- Seniors living on fixed incomes may be pleased to hear that the state of Pennsylvania, unlike many other states, does not tax social security checks. In addition, the state generally won’t tax seniors’ withdrawals from work retirement accounts.
- Winter weather in Centre Hall could make it difficult for seniors to conveniently go about the area. The January average low is 20 degree Fahrenheit, but inclement weather like winter storms and heavy snows are also hallmarks of Centre Hall winters.
Paying for Assisted Living in Centre Hall
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Centre Hall start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Centre Hall and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Centre Hall
There are several states that do not offer any financial assistance for care at an assisted living facilities and, unfortunately, Pennsylvania is one of them. Pennsylvania’s eligible seniors who receive SSI benefits may qualify for the state to pay for part of assisted living care with a supplement. There may be a waiting list, however, as there is a cap on available funding.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Centre Hall
Centre Hall and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Centre Hall, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Centre Hall
Centre Hall-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Centre Hall, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Centre Hall
Review of Wynwood House
The fellow that owns Wynwood House is very nice. My aunt and uncle had been there, so I knew the place and I knew them well. The owner was actually willing to hold the room for me until we convince... Read more
Review of Wynwood House
This community is located outside of state college in rural center hall. A well known farming community that is known for its wide open spaces and downright amazing scenery. The building this assis... Read more
Review of Wynwood House
I thought this facility was pretty nice. Every time I went to visit my grandmother it was always very clean and everyone always seemed to be very well taken care of. The staff always seemed very fr... Read more