2 Assisted Living Facilities in Weatherford, OK
Also serving communities of Clinton.
The average cost of assisted living in Weatherford is $2,790 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,395.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Weatherford. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Weatherford 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Weatherford, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Weatherford
Weatherford, Oklahoma, located about 70 miles west of Oklahoma City, is home to 10,833 residents, with seniors aged 65 and older making up 10% of the population. Some of those seniors may enjoy visiting the area’s parks for a picnic lunch or an afternoon stroll, taking a swing at the area golf course, or taking in some history at local museums. There are also two assisted living facilities located within the city limits to support those seniors who may need some help with personal care and other aspects of daily living.
In Weatherford, as is the case in all of Oklahoma, assisted living facilities are known as either assisted living centers or residential care homes, both of which are governed by the Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Weatherford
- Oklahoma does not tax seniors on Social Security benefits and only partially taxes retirement savings account withdrawals and pensions, which could benefit Weatherford seniors with tight budgets.
- The Weatherford area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Weatherford Regional Hospital and Southwestern Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors looking for a safe place to retire may find it in Weatherford. The city has a violent crime rating of 13 and a property crime rating of 28.3, both lower than the respective national averages of 22.7 and 35.4.
- Seniors with chronic breathing conditions may feel better when living in Weatherford than in other parts of Oklahoma. Weatherford has an air quality rating of 71 out of 100, where lower numbers equate to poorer air quality; more than 12 points higher than the national average of 58.
- Weatherford’s overall cost of living is 88.7, lower than both the Oklahoma average of 89.1 and the U.S. average of 100. Seniors can also expect to pay less for groceries and transportation here. Healthcare expenses, however, are higher than the average at 113, which might be of concern to seniors with chronic health conditions.
- Weatherford has hot summers with highs of 94 degrees Fahrenheit and mild winters with lows of 25. The city gets 32 inches of rain each year, and six inches of annual snowfall, both lower than the national averages of 38 and 28 inches, respectively. The city also gets 235 sunny days each year, 30 more than the national average of 205, which might be appealing to seniors who enjoy participating in outdoor activities.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Weatherford
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Oklahoma
Assisted Living costs in Weatherford start around $2,790 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Weatherford and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Weatherford
Seniors in Weatherford who require assistance with their assisted living costs may be able to get financial assistance from Oklahoma’s Medicaid ADvantage Program waiver or through the Medicaid State Plan Personal Care program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Weatherford
Weatherford and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Weatherford, please visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Weatherford
Weatherford-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Oklahoma are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Weatherford
Review of Brookdale Weatherford
I really enjoy visiting Brookdale Weatherford. It is very nice and clean. It doesn't feel like you're walking into a nursing home, it has a nice open and home-like feel. The staff are incredibly pl... Read more
Review of Brookdale Weatherford
Facility is clean and looks great! Associates are very friendly and passionate about their responsibilities. Read more
Review of Weatherwood
Around December of last year, my grandmother had a very severe fall. She was not able to care for herself anymore as her mind began to slip away due to Alzheimer's. The Assisted Living Facility my ... Read more