7 Assisted Living Facilities near Oregon, OH
Also serving communities of Genoa.
There are 7 Assisted Living Facilities in the Oregon area, with 3 in Oregon and 4 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Oregon is $4,325 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Toledo with an average starting cost of $2,590.
To help you with your search, browse the 10 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Oregon. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Oregon 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Maumee with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Oregon, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Oregon, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Oregon
Oregon, nestled at the western corner of Lake Erie in northwest Ohio, was named by Washington Irving’s nephew Pierre M. Irving. This city touts itself as the City of Opportunity and there are many opportunities for the area’s 3,573 seniors to get out and about, including visits to Pearson’s Metropark or the Maumee Bay State Park Golf Course. There are three assisted living facilities in Oregon to support the city’s seniors, with another three located in nearby Toledo. The Ohio Department of Health licenses these facilities as Residential Care Facilities in Oregon and throughout the entire state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Oregon
- Oregon seniors with fixed-incomes may have more money left over at tax time thanks to Ohio’s tax laws. Social Security benefits are not taxed and pensions are only partially taxed.
- Seniors can feel safe in Oregon where violent crime rates are 9.8, less than half of the U.S. average of 22.7. The city’s property crime rate is higher than the national average of 35.4 at 45.1, but most assisted living facilities offer 24/7 security systems.
- The Oregon area is home to world-class medical facilities, including ProMedica Bay Park Hospital and Mercy St. Charles Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Air quality in Oregon has a score of 67, nine points higher than the national average of 58. Seniors with certain health issues, such as asthma or COPD may have an easier time breathing in this city than in similar areas of the country.
- Seniors with restrictive budgets may appreciate Oregon’s low cost of living. At 85.7, the city’s cost of living is lower than both the state and national averages. Seniors can also expect to pay less for groceries, healthcare and transportation here than they would nationwide.
- Oregon’s temperatures range from 19 to 85 degrees. Annual rainfall of 34 inches and snowfalls of 30 inches may make it harder for seniors who rely on walkers to get around. The sun only shines in Oregon for 177 days out of the year, more than 25 days less than the national average of 205 days, however, many assisted living facilities provide indoor activities to keep seniors active during intemperate weather.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Oregon
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Oregon start around $4,325 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Oregon and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Oregon
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Oregon
Oregon and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Oregon, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Oregon
Oregon-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Oregon
Review of Landings of Oregon
My father-in-law is at the Landings of Oregon in Ohio. We chose it because his family lives in that end of town. He says the food is wonderful. They've been very good. They just have no help. They ... Read more
Review of Landings of Oregon
Landings of Oregon is a very nice facility. They have a dining room that my father goes to, a barber shop or hair salon, and he has cable and a walk-in shower. They have a little community area wit... Read more
Review of Landings of Oregon
Every one of the staff are very attentive & caring. Read more