22 Assisted Living Facilities near Euclid, OH
There are 22 Assisted Living Facilities in the Euclid area, with 2 in Euclid and 20 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Euclid is $1,540 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 103 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Euclid. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Euclid 3.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Wickliffe with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Euclid, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Euclid, OH
20 Assisted Living Facilities near Euclid, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Euclid
In Euclid, seniors aged 65 and older make up 15.2 percent of the city's 47,201 population. Because the city is a suburb of Cleveland, seniors living there can take advantage of the Museum of Natural History and Holden Arboretum, both of which offer senior discounts.
Seniors have two assisted living facilities in Euclid to choose from with another 20 located in nearby areas. The Ohio Department of Health is responsible for regulating all of these facilities, along with those in the rest of the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Euclid
Euclid's crime rate is 22 percent higher than the state average and 21 percent higher than the national average. Seniors should take caution when traversing the city, as the violent crime rate is 67 percent higher than the national average and 115 percent higher than the Ohio average. Seniors who are particularly concerned about their safety can limit travel to facility group outings and family events.
- The Euclid area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Euclid Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Euclid seniors with asthma, lung disease, and other breathing conditions may have trouble spending time outdoors because the city's pollution index is 461 percent of the national average. Also, the city's air quality index is 11 percent worse than the national average.
- The weather in Euclid is mild to moderate. Summer months are warm, with temperatures in July averaging around 71 degrees. Average February temperatures are 28 degrees, which is typical for Ohio weather. Snowfall is common in Euclid, but most of the city's precipitation occurs in September, which could make it hard for seniors to enjoy outdoor activities in the fall.
- While the overall cost of living in Euclid is 10 percent lower than the national average and 9 percent lower than Ohio's average, seniors residing in assisted living facilities may not reap the benefits of this because the difference is mostly due to low housing costs.
- Euclid has an array of community resources for seniors, including the 60+ Transportation Service, an organization that transportation to seniors for shopping and medical purposes for a small fee as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Euclid
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Euclid start around $1,540 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Euclid and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Euclid
MyCare Ohio is available to help Euclid seniors cover costs associated with residing in an assisted living facility. The program, which replaced the state's old Assisted Living Waiver, pays for the cost of personal care services for seniors residing in assisted living facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Euclid
Euclid and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Euclid, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Euclid Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Euclid
Euclid-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Euclid, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Euclid
Review of Gateway Family House
Gateway Retirement was reasonably priced. However, it was going through improvements and transitions right now. It was a little worn. But the people there were nice and we had a good experience wit... Read more
Review of Gateway Family House
The facility was average. The lobby and halls could have been decorated better, but it appeared to be mostly clean. Not many activities ever seemed to be going on. Music might have helped cheer ... Read more
Review of Gateway Family House
The staff were very friendly, and the facility itself was kept in great shape. The grass was always kept green and mowed, the flowers and gardens were well manicured, and the interior of the buildi... Read more