The 3 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Bluffton, OH for 2023
Also serving communities of Pandora, Ada, Ada.
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Bluffton area, with 2 in Bluffton and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Bluffton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Bluffton 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Bluffton, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Bluffton, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Bluffton
Bluffton is located in Allen County, Ohio. It's home to about 4,000 residents, including a senior community of about 800 members. The city has an array of community resources for seniors, including one senior center and the services offered by the Allen County Council on Aging, an organization that provides transportation for errands and medical appointments, chore services and welfare visits for older residents.
Seniors who need around-the-clock supervision and personal care services may reside in an assisted living facility. Bluffton is home to two facilities, and there is another one located 8 miles away in Pandora. In this region, as in all of Ohio, assisted living facilities are officially called Residential Care Facilities and are licensed and monitored by the Ohio Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Bluffton
- Social Security benefits are not taxed at the state level in Bluffton, which may leave more money in seniors' budgets for local assisted living expenses. Income from pensions or retirement accounts like a 401(k) or an IRA is subject to the regular state income tax, but tax credits are available.
- The Bluffton area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Bluffton Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The cost of living in Bluffton is typical of Ohio and about 10% lower than the national average, which may make it an economical option for seniors seeking out an affordable city for their retirement years.
- Bluffton has a relatively low level of harmful air pollutants, which may be beneficial to retirees who have health conditions, such as COPD or heart disease, that may be worsened by poor air quality. On a 100-point health index, Bluffton's air quality is rated 79, about 20 points higher than the national average.
- Bluffton is a safe community with a low crime rate, making it a good option for seniors who enjoy being out alone in the community. The violent crime is rated 7.2 compared to the national average of 22.7, and property crime is rated about 15 points below the national median at 20.5.
- Bluffton's climate is typical of Ohio, with summer highs around 84 degrees and winter lows near 20. This may appeal to seniors who enjoy experiencing four distinct seasons.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Bluffton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Bluffton start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Bluffton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Bluffton
In Bluffton, qualifying seniors may have assisted living services covered by one of three state-funded programs, including the 1915(c) Assisted Living Program, the 1915 (b)(c) Managed Care Demonstration Waiver, and the Residential State Supplement program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Bluffton
Bluffton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Bluffton, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Bluffton
Bluffton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Bluffton, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Bluffton
Review of Maple Crest
We had my mom in assisted living for two months. It is called Maple Crest. They are probably one of the top in the nation. This is totally private through Mennonite Home. It was absolutely fabulous... Read more