2 Assisted Living Facilities in Valley City, ND
Also serving communities of Lisbon.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Valley City, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Valley City, ND
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Valley City
Valley City is a quiet, beautiful community along the Sheyenne River where many active seniors enjoy the outdoors during pleasant weather. Residents aged 65 and over make up 23.5% of the population here which is 7.5% higher than the national average. Seniors in this city who require some daily assistance can get the support they need at two local assisted living facilities.
The assisted living communities located in Valley City and other parts of North Dakota are officially recognized as basic care facilities. They are licensed and regulated by the state's Department of Health and Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Valley City
- Winter in Valley City can be tough for seniors who enjoy going outside to enjoy local parks and bridges. Temperatures regularly drop below zero degrees in January, and there is an average of 36 inches of snow per year. Summer, however, is very comfortable with temperatures in the low 80s.
- The Valley City area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Mercy Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors looking to pay less for a variety of living expenses may be drawn to Valley City. The overall cost of living is 14.8% lower than the national average of 100 and 14.4 points lower than the North Dakota average of 99.6.
- Valley City has an array of community resources for seniors, including South Central Adult Services, an organization that provides transportation, escort services and healthcare counseling as well as three senior centers.
- Crime statistics from Valley City may help seniors in the community feel safer. The violent crime rate is 7.4 points lower than the national average of 22.7 and 2.3 points lower than the state average of 17.6.
- Seniors in Valley City have the opportunity to enjoy arts and culture at the Barnes County Historical Society Museum and the North Dakota Winter Show. The Rosebud Visitor Center also has a wealth of information about local history and agriculture.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Valley City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Dakota
Assisted Living costs in Valley City start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Valley City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Valley City
Seniors in Valley City who reside in basic care facilities and need help paying for daily assistance with activities, including bathing and dressing, may be able to benefit from Personal Care Services (MSP-PC). Only seniors who qualify for Medicaid are eligible for this program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Dakota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Dakota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Valley City
Valley City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Valley City, please visit our Assisted Living in North Dakota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Valley City
Valley City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Dakota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Dakota page for more information about these laws.