4 Assisted Living Facilities near Yanceyville, NC
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Yanceyville area, with 3 in Yanceyville and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 6 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Yanceyville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Yanceyville 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Danville with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Yanceyville, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Yanceyville, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Yanceyville
Since being incorporated in 1986, the town of Yanceyville has strived to preserve its deep-rooted heritage while building for the future. Only 5.7% of the more than 2,000 people that live here are aged 65 and over, but the area has plenty to offer this senior population, including four assisted living communities located within the town limits.
These communities in Yanceyville, which are officially known as Assisted Living Residences (ALRs), are licensed and regulated by the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation. They are designated as either adult care homes (ACHs) or multi-unit assisted housing with services facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Yanceyville
- As the county seat of Caswell County, Yanceyville has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Caswell Senior Services, an organization that provides recreational and educational opportunities for seniors as well as one senior center.
- Yanceyville has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Reidsville.
- Families are likely to find affordable assisted living options within Yanceyville. The overall cost of living is 20.7% lower than the national average and 16.9 points lower than the North Carolina average.
- Seniors in Yanceyville who live solely from Social Security will not be subject to any state income tax in North Carolina. A maximum tax rate of 5.499% may be applied to other sources of retirement income.
- Crime may be a concern for some families looking for assisted living in the Yanceyville area. The violent crime rating is 10.3 points higher than the national average of 22.7. The property crime rate is 29.9 points higher than the average for the state of North Carolina.
- Since Yanceyville averages 114 days of precipitation per year, active seniors may not get as many opportunities to get outdoors as they like. The city gets 46 inches of rain per year on average which is eight inches above the national average. Spring and fall are the most comfortable times of the year.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Yanceyville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Yanceyville start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Yanceyville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Yanceyville
For those seniors in Yanceyville who qualify for North Carolina's Medicaid system, aid from the Personal Care Services Program may be available. It helps pay for daily assistance services at assisted living residences. Outside Medicaid, the Special Assistance Program can help fund room and board at certain licensed facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Yanceyville
Yanceyville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Yanceyville, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Yanceyville
Yanceyville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Yanceyville
Review of Caswell House
The cost of the facility for a dementia patient is good, but you get what you pay for. My mother's things were lost or stolen, she constantly had scabies, several times she was not clean. The st... Read more
Review of Caswell House
I liked Caswell House better than other places. My father was up there as well as some other people I know who are still there. I know they have some activities. They had a place where people could... Read more
Review of Caswell House
My mom had to go to a nursing home for 20 days and then we were lucky enough to get a place at Yancey House. I was thrilled because it's so much better than nursing home. I learned about Yancey th... Read more