3 Assisted Living Facilities near Yadkinville, NC
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Yadkinville area, with 2 in Yadkinville and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Yadkinville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Yadkinville 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Advance with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Yadkinville, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Yadkinville, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Yadkinville
Yadkinville, located in Yadkin County, North Carolina, has just under 3,000 residents, about one in five of whom are aged 65 and over. Yadkinville is an affordable city to live in, which may make it a financially feasible option for seniors who have limited means. On a cost of living index based on a U.S. average of 100, Yadkinville is rated 82.6.
There are three assisted living facilities in the Yadkinville area, including two in the city proper and one in Elkin. Like all assisted living facilities in the state, those in Yadkinville are officially called assisted living residences and are governed by the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Yadkinville
- The Yadkinville area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Elkin.
- Social Security benefits are not subject to state income tax in North Carolina, and retirees pay a flat income tax rate on all other types of retirement income. Seniors may want to talk to a tax professional to determine how the state's tax laws will affect their assisted living budgets in Yadkinville.
- Transportation for seniors aged 60 and over is provided by the Yadkin Valley Economic Development District, Inc. YVEDDI provides service to local medical buildings, congregate nutrition centers and shopping centers. Transportation is available on weekdays and must be scheduled 48 hours in advance.
Crime occurs at a higher rate in Yadkinville than in the average U.S. city, so seniors may want to find an assisted living facility that has measures in place to keep residents and their belongings safe. On a scale of 1 to 100, the city's violent crime is rated 31.7 and the property crime is rated 52.6. This is higher than the respective national averages of 22.7 and 35.4.
- The air quality in Yadkinville is rated 66 out of 100, which is a little higher than the national score of 58. This indicates that the city has less pollution than the average U.S. city, which may benefit seniors with respiratory illnesses or heart disease.
- In Yadkinville, year-round high temperatures range between 48 and 87 degrees, and the city rates 7.6 on a 10-point comfort index. This indicates a relatively comfortable climate, which may appeal to seniors who enjoy taking part in outdoor activities.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Yadkinville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Yadkinville start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Yadkinville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Yadkinville
Yadkinville seniors who need help affording assisted living services may qualify for NC Medicaid.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Yadkinville
Yadkinville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Yadkinville, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Yadkinville
Yadkinville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Yadkinville, NC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Yadkinville
Review of Pinebrook Residential Center
Went to this facility just to search for an assisted living facility for my Grandfather. The staff I in countered were very friendly,they seemed interested in my families history, and seemed to wan... Read more