9 Assisted Living Facilities near Wilson, NC
With an average cost of $3,890 in Wilson, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 21 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 7 facilities in Wilson.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Wilson, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Wilson
Wilson is considered one of North Carolina’s most beautiful cities and is also referred to as the “City of Trees”. This quaint town has seven assisted living facilities (ALFs) for seniors to choose from, and another 11 in the surrounding neighborhood. Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) in Wilson and throughout North Carolina are known as Adult Care Homes (ACHs) and are defined as congregate living facilities that provide 24-hour supervision and health services, including assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs). The policies and regulations of these facilities are governed by the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Wilson
- Seniors living in Wilson enjoy a cost of living that is 12 percent lower than the national average. This allows them to more easily afford daily living costs.
- Violent crime in Wilson is at 48 out of 100 (1 being the safest), which is higher than the national average of 31.1. Property crime is at a high 55.3, compared to the national average of 38.1. Seniors may feel unsafe in this area.
- Seniors who enjoy all four seasons may enjoy Wilson’s temperatures, with a high average of 90 degrees in July, and a low average of 30 degrees in January. With 26 inches of annual snowfall, some seniors may have difficulty with mobility in the winter.
- The Wilson area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Wilson Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors have access to Wilson’s amenities and entertainment through the Wilson Transit System. They can either use regular bus stops along the route or call ahead for special pick up locations.
- Wilson has a rich landscape and history for residents to enjoy. Seniors can get out and experience the Wilson Botanical Gardens, or celebrate an American past-time with a visit to the North Carolina Baseball Museum.
Paying for Assisted Living in Wilson
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Wilson start around $3,890 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Wilson and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Wilson
Seniors who are looking for financial aid for assisted living costs have access to aid through North Carolina Medicaid's Personal Care Services Program. Seniors may be eligible for a Medicaid Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waiver or the Special Assistance (SA) Program, a non-Medicaid plan that provides assisted living coverage for eligible seniors.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Wilson
Wilson and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Wilson, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Wilson
Wilson-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Wilson, NC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Wilson
Review of Wilson House
My sister was there about 8years in the Alziheimers unit. There were times I had to ask at the desk for some one to clean the bathroom, feces on toilet, clean sticky room floor from spills. My sist... Read more
Review of Trinity Retirement Villas #1
My mother moved into Trinity Retirement Villas #1. I'm totally satisfied with their services. That's the highest recommendation I could give. There's continuous staff, and nurses are there, and als... Read more
Review of Parkwood Village & Landing
Do not leave your loved one in this facility. This facility used to have a good reputation but is quickly losing it due to incompetent local management. The executive director is unresponsive and... Read more