21 Assisted Living Facilities near Rocky Mount, NC
Also serving communities of Nashville, Roanoke Rapids.
There are 21 Assisted Living Facilities in the Rocky Mount area, with 7 in Rocky Mount and 14 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Rocky Mount is $2,915 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,395.
To help you with your search, browse the 55 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Rocky Mount. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Rocky Mount 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Tarboro with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Rocky Mount, call (855) 863-8283.
7 Assisted Living Facilities in Rocky Mount, NC
14 Assisted Living Facilities near Rocky Mount, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Rocky Mount
Rocky Mount is located approximately an hour east of Raleigh. This small town was ranked number five in 2018 as one of the best places to retire in North Carolina. Battle Park is a beautiful place to go for an afternoon walk near the water. There’s also plenty of historic sites for seniors to see and flea markets to explore.
There are seven assisted living facilities located in Rocky Mount and 37 in the area. In Rocky Mount and elsewhere in North Carolina, these facilities called assisted living residences (ALRs), and they are regulated by the North Carolina Division of Health Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Rocky Mount
- The Rocky Mount area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Nash UNC Health Care, in the event of medical emergencies of illness.
- Rocky Mount has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Edgecombe County Office on Aging, which provides low or no-cost prescriptions, transportation, home-delivered meals and outreach programs, as well as at least one senior center.
- The Department of Health and Human Services provides transportation for eligible senior citizens in Rocky Mount. Some counties have funding for transportation to and from medical appointments as well as other errands.
- The cost of living in Rocky Mount is lower than other comparable cities in the state. It is also lower than most cities within the United States, which is helpful for those retiring on a fixed income.
- Rocky Mount has hot and humid summers with the average high in July around 90 degrees Fahrenheit. Winters are cold with an average January low around 30 degrees Fahrenheit. The area receives approximately two inches of snow per year and around 46 inches of rain.
- In comparison to other cities in the United State, crime is high in Rocky Mount. On a scale from one (low) to 100 (high), Rocky Mount is ranked 90.5 for violent crime and 70.0 for property crime.
Paying for Assisted Living in Rocky Mount
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Rocky Mount start around $2,915 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Rocky Mount and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Rocky Mount
Seniors looking to retire in an ALR in Rocky Mount may be eligible for assistance for payment through the North Carolina Community Alternatives Program for Disabled Adults Waiver (CAP/DA). This program helps pay for the cost of personal care services for those in assisted living facilities. North Carolina also offers a supplemental SSI payment program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Rocky Mount
Rocky Mount and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Rocky Mount, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Rocky Mount
Rocky Mount-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Rocky Mount, NC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Rocky Mount
Review of Brekenridge Retirement Center
I think it was well decorAted and smelled like a well kept home. If I were to choose a facility for my parents this where I would pick! Read more
Review of Hunter Hill Senior Village
My experience with this facility has been a four star. I admitted my mother in October, 2017 and she has been well cared for. She is happy and comfortable. Administration is supportive, efficien... Read more
Review of Brookdale Rocky Mount
Brookdale was nice, it was clean, and well-maintained, but I just felt that their carpet needed cleaning. The staff was really friendly, as well as everybody I had contact with. Read more