2 Assisted Living Facilities near Tabor City, NC
There are 2 Assisted Living Facilities in the Tabor City area, with 1 in Tabor City and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Tabor City is $1,800 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 8 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Tabor City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Tabor City 2.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Conway with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Tabor City, call (855) 863-8283.
1 Assisted Living Facility in Tabor City, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Tabor City
Tabor City is located along the southeast corner of North Carolina along the Atlantic Coast. Beautiful beaches, locally-owned restaurants and a family-friendly atmosphere make the city ideal for those looking for a place to retire. There are two assisted living facilities in Tabor City that offer help with daily living, including meals, grooming and limited nursing help. Governed by the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation, assisted living facilities in Tabor City fall under the category of adult care homes with seven or more individuals or multi-unit assisted housing with facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Tabor City
- Tabor City has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Loris.
- Tabor City has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Columbus County Department of Aging, an organization that seeks to improve the lives of seniors in the area, as well as one senior center.
- Seniors in Tabor City have a one in 27 chance of becoming a victim of any type of crime. The overall crime rate in Tabor City is 34 percent higher than the national average. Seniors who enjoy exploring the city on their own should take care and consider going with a partner or in a group.
- Columbus County Transportation provides discount fares to seniors who need a ride to medical appointments and other errands in Tabor City. Rides may also be given to out-of-county human service agencies.
- The cost of living in Tabor is 81.8, which is much lower than the national average of 100 and lower than the state’s average of 96. Seniors can hold on to more of their money when purchasing groceries, medications and other necessities.
- The climate in Tabor City offers hot and humid summers with highs around 90 degrees. Winters are cold with lows around 33. The city only gets around two inches of snow per year, which is ideal for seniors who want to escape the frozen precipitation.
Paying for Assisted Living in Tabor City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Tabor City start around $1,800 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Tabor City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Tabor City
Seniors in adult care homes or multi-unit assisted housing may apply for financial assistance for a semi-private room with the Medicaid state plan. To determine eligibility, the plan analyzes the amount of an individual's Federal Supplemental Security income payment and any additional forms of income. If a senior in Tabor City or the state of North Carolina prefers a private room, family supplementation is permitted.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Tabor City
Tabor City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Tabor City, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Tabor City
Tabor City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Tabor City, NC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Tabor City
Review of Tabor Commons
TC goes above to meet personal and individual needs. My relative wasn’t a morning person so they allowed him to sleep in and adjusted his med times. Staff is very attentive and kind. TC provides l... Read more
Review of Tabor Commons
Tabor Commons was very bad. I wouldn't give it a good rating on anything. It was dirty. I wasn't pleased at all. I didn't like anything. The food was bad, too. They should clean it up and paint and... Read more
Review of Tabor Commons
My visit at Tabor Commons was OK. The lady was very nice in showing us around. However, I did find that they didn't have as many staff members and it had the odor of an assisted living place. Overa... Read more