11 Assisted Living Facilities near Red Springs, NC
Also serving communities of Pembroke, Laurinburg.
There are 11 Assisted Living Facilities in the Red Springs area, with 2 in Red Springs and 9 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Red Springs is $2,987 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,741.
To help you with your search, browse the 47 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Red Springs. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Red Springs 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Raeford with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Red Springs, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Red Springs, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Red Springs
A historical museum, small-town atmosphere and plenty of enjoyable green spaces make Red Springs an excellent place for retirees to live. The city has a population of just over 3,400 with 17 percent age 65 and older. For those who require an assisted living facility, Red Springs has approximately 14 communities seniors may choose from within the area. These facilities are regulated by the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation and they provide nursing, medication administration, meals, grooming and housekeeping services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Red Springs
- The Red Springs area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Southeastern Health, in the event of medical emergencies of illness.
- Red Springs has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Able Foundation, an organization that provides continuing education for adults and seniors, as well as one senior center.
- Seniors living in Red Springs can enjoy a low cost of living, which makes it easier to stay within a budget if they are planning for an assisted living facility. Compared to the national average of 100, Red Springs has a cost of living index of 73.3.
- Crime in Red Springs is ranked on a scale from 1 to 100, with 1 being safest. For violent crime, Red Springs is rated 40, which is higher than the national average of 22.7. Property crime has a rating of 95.7, which is also much higher than the national average of 35.4. Seniors interested in living in Red Springs may want to check to see what safety measures are in place at an assisted living facility.
- Winters in Red Springs are cold and short with average January lows dropping to 31 degrees. The hot, humid summers average about 90 in July. The city only gets two inches of snow per year, which is ideal for seniors who are trying to escape the snowy northern climates.
- For transportation, seniors in Red Springs may contact NC 2-1-1 to schedule a ride to medical appointments, senior centers and shopping. The service connects seniors with available transportation 24 hours a day, seven days a week at free or discounted fares.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Red Springs
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Red Springs start around $2,987 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Red Springs and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Red Springs
Seniors who require assistance paying for assisted living in Red Springs may apply for the Medicaid State Plan. The maximum payment in 2019 was $1,575 per month. This plan has a cap that is based on the federal Supplemental Security Income payment. The plan doesn’t pay for a private room and board, instead, family supplementation is permitted.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Red Springs
Red Springs and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Red Springs, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Red Springs
Red Springs-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Red Springs, NC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Red Springs
Review of Red Springs Assisted Living
We toured Red Springs Assisted Living. It was well kept. The staff seemed to be very active in taking care of patients. I didn't see anything negative. However, once you tour some of these places a... Read more
Review of Hope Springs
What I liked the best at Hope Spring was the lady that was the manager in charge. She was on top of her game. I was very impressed with her. The staff were attentive and very caring. However, it is... Read more
Review of Red Springs Assisted Living
This facility is clean, well run, and the staff is very friendly and caring. The primary attraction of the facility is the low price and quality of care for what you pay. It is not for everybody,... Read more