2 Assisted Living Facilities in Louisburg, NC
Also serving communities of Warrenton, Macon.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Louisburg. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Louisburg 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Raleigh with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Louisburg, call (855) 863-8283.
Other Options in Louisburg, NC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Louisburg
Review of Louisburg Manor
They found Louisburg Manor for the mother of my daughter-in-law. The other residents were very welcoming, and she says it feels just like home. They have a resident cat, they built a house for it, ... Read more
Review of Louisburg Manor
We chose Louisburg Manor for my brother because it was cheaper. The rooms aren't as nice, but the staff is good. The food is not as good, but it's good enough, and my brother is more quantity over ... Read more
Assisted Living near Franklin County, NC
More Options Near Louisburg, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Louisburg
Louisburg is a town in Franklin County, North Carolina just 25 minutes from Raleigh. This charming small town community is home to a population of just over 3,500 people. Seniors who live here are served by two assisted living facilities in town and eight in the surrounding areas. Assisted living facilities in Louisburg are regulated by the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation. Assisted living residences encompass two types of facilities: adult care homes and multiunit assisted housing with services facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Louisburg
- Seniors on a budget may benefit from living in Louisburg as the cost of living here is 17.9 percent lower than the U.S. average. Housing, grocery and transportation costs are all below national medians while health care is just slightly above.
- The weather in Louisburg varies with hot, muggy summers reaching highs of 90 degrees Fahrenheit in July and cold winters with lows of 28 degrees in January. These extreme variations may affect seniors who enjoy outdoor activities. The town gets around 45 inches of rain per year but only 2 inches of now on average.
- North Carolina does not tax Social Security benefits and taxes other retirement income at the state's low flat income tax rate. This may be beneficial for seniors looking to maximize their retirement income.
- Property crime is fairly high in Louisburg and received a score of 61.7 out of 100, with 100 representing high crime. Seniors can feel safe traveling around town because violent crime scored much lower at 32.9. Louisburg is safer than 21 percent of other U.S. cities.
- Public transportation is limited in Louisburg, which may be difficult for seniors who do not drive. However, the Franklin County Department of Aging provides a transportation van for seniors to help them get to medical appointments, shopping and social activities.
- Louisburg has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Franklin County Department of Aging, an organization that provides services to seniors such as nutrition programs, transportation, legal assistance, trips and tours, as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Louisburg
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Louisburg start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Louisburg and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Louisburg
Seniors looking for financial aid for assisted living in Louisburg may apply for Special Assistance, a Medicaid benefit that can help pay for room and board. North Carolina also has two Medicaid waivers that may provide assistance with services other than room and board: Community Alternatives Program/Choice (CAP/Choice) and Community Alternatives Program for Disabled Adults (CAP/DA)
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Louisburg
Louisburg and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Louisburg, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Louisburg
Louisburg-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.