9 Assisted Living Facilities near Lawndale, NC
There are 9 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lawndale area, with 3 in Lawndale and 6 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 22 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lawndale. Better rated regions include Shelby with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lawndale, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Lawndale, NC
6 Assisted Living Facilities near Lawndale, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lawndale
Lawndale is situated along the banks of the First Broad River in Cleveland County, North Carolina. Almost 20% of the county's nearly 98,000 residents are senior citizens aged 65 and older. Lawndale is home to three assisted living facilities that provide long-term care to seniors who need daily assistance. There are also an additional six assisted living facilities located in surrounding areas.
In North Carolina, assisted living facilities are officially known as assisted living residences and may be classified as either an adult care home or as multi-unit assisted housing with service facilities. In Lawndale and throughout North Carolina, these facilities are closely monitored by the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lawndale
- There are no public transportation options in Lawndale, meaning seniors may need to rely on family, friends or facility shuttles to travel to appointments or run errands.
- Lawndale has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Shelby.
- Seniors who have limited funds may find that Lawndale is very affordable when compared with other cities in North Carolina. The cost of living is nearly 25% less than in the average U.S. city.
- Summers in Lawndale tend to be warm and humid. The average high temperature in July is 89 degrees and the area gets an average of 48 inches of rain per year—10 inches more than the average U.S. city. For many senior citizens, this climate can be a source of discomfort.
- Crime rates in Lawndale are high; therefore, it's important for seniors to inquire about security when choosing an assisted living facility. Violent crime in the city is about 4% higher than in the average U.S. city, while property crime is nearly double.
- The state of North Carolina exempts Social Security retirement benefits from income taxes, which can equate to huge savings for many seniors living in the state.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lawndale
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Lawndale start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lawndale and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lawndale
Seniors in Lawndale who receive long-term care in assisted living facilities may be eligible to have their cost of care covered by North Carolina's state Medicaid plan. The state also offers a state/county supplemental benefit that can be paid to the beneficiary's care facility to cover room and board costs. In North Carolina, family supplementation is allowed to help seniors pay for the additional costs associated with a private room.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lawndale
Lawndale and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lawndale, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lawndale
Lawndale-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.