9 Assisted Living Facilities near La Grange, NC
There are 9 Assisted Living Facilities in the La Grange area, with 1 in La Grange and 8 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 20 reviews below for assisted living facilities in La Grange. On average, consumers rate assisted living in La Grange 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Wilson with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in La Grange, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in La Grange, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in La Grange
La Grange, North Carolina, is a small town in the middle eastern part of the state. Much more affordable than most cities within the nation, La Grange is an excellent place for seniors looking for a place to retire. There is one assisted living facility within the town and 13 within driving distance in places like Goldsboro, Pink Hill and Kinston. Governed by the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation, assisted living residences include adult care homes with seven or more seniors or multi-unit assisted housing with service facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in La Grange
- The La Grange area is home to world-class medical facilities, including La Grange Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- La Grange has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Lenoir County Council on Aging, Inc., an organization that provides an array of services for seniors in the area, and at least one senior center.
- For rides to and from the doctor and medical appointments, grocery shopping, errands and sightseeing, Lenoir County Transit offers free and discount fares for seniors.
- The overall crime rate in La Grange is 43 percent lower than the national average. Seniors have a 1 in 62 chance of becoming a victim of any type of crime.
- Seniors may find it easy to manage their money in La Grange due to the low cost of living. Based on the national average of 100, the cost of living in La Grange is 82.8. This is also lower than the state's average of 96.
- La Grange experiences hot and humid summers and cold winter, which is ideal for seniors who appreciate distinctive seasons. Summer highs are around 90 degrees, and winter lows are around 32. The city gets about 48 inches of rain and 3 inches of snow per year.
Paying for Assisted Living in La Grange
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in La Grange start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in La Grange and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in La Grange
While seniors must pay for private rooms on their own, the North Carolina State Medicaid Plan provides assistance paying for limited nursing care and other programs. Eligibility is based on the federal supplemental income payment and additional sources of income.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in La Grange
La Grange and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in La Grange, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in La Grange
La Grange-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in La Grange
Review of Lagrange Gardens Assisted Living
Lagrange Garden is a long way from us but the facility is clean. My brother is well taken care of, and he's happy. I asked him about the food and he says its good, and he's been putting on weight. ... Read more