2 Assisted Living Facilities in Burnsville, NC
Also serving communities of Spruce Pine.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Burnsville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Burnsville 2.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Mars Hill with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Burnsville, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Burnsville
The Town of Burnsville is located in the mountains of the western region of North Carolina at the base of Mount Mitchell, the highest peak of the Appalachian Mountains. The town is home to the Yancey County Senior Center, which provides socialization, health and fitness programs, home-delivered and congregate meals and crafts. The center is open on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Assisted living residences, as they're officially called in North Carolina, provide personal care services, housing and meals to seniors. Burnsville is home to two of these facilities, both of which are licensed through the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Burnsville
Yancey County Transportation Authority provides door-to-door transportation services for a reduced fare to Burnsville seniors age 60 and older. Transportation for medical appointments is free; other rides are subject to a sliding fee.
- Burnsville is a relatively affordable place to live, with a cost of living that is about 10% lower than the national average and 6% lower than the state's average. Seniors who are seeking assisted living services that fit their budget may find this town to be an economical option.
- The Burnsville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Blue Ridge Medical Center - Yancey Campus, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The sales and property tax rates in Burnsville are moderate, and retirees pay a low flat income tax rate on all income from retirement savings accounts and pensions. Social Security benefits are not taxed at the state level.
- While property crime is a concern in Burnsville, with this type of crime rating 45.7 on a 100-point crime index, violent crime is relatively rare. It rates 8.5, versus the national average of 22.7, which may make it a good option for safety-minded seniors.
- Year-round high temperatures in Burnsville range between 46 and 81 degrees, making it one of the state's coolest communities. The town gets just 13 inches of snow per year, which is about half the national average. This may make it well-suited for seniors who enjoy participating in outdoor activities.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Burnsville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Burnsville start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Burnsville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Burnsville
Burnsville seniors who are unable to afford assisted living services may be eligible to have them covered through NC Medicaid.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Burnsville
Burnsville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Burnsville, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Burnsville
Burnsville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Burnsville
Review of Yancey House
They never answer the phone and after 2 weeks of trying to get ahold of my family member I finally get to talk to her and the connection was so bad I could only understand every other word. So if y... Read more
Review of Yancey House
I thought Yancey House was clean. It’s fairly-new; like seven or eight years old. So, I’m sure that helps make it look better, and the rooms are spacious. It’s a small facility; which I like, and t... Read more