4 Assisted Living Facilities near Andrews, NC
Also serving communities of Hayesville.
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Andrews area, with 3 in Andrews and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Andrews. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Andrews 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Andrews, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Andrews, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Andrews
Tucked away in the western corner of North Carolina, Andrews is just 150 miles from Atlanta, Knoxville and Asheville, leading many to joke that the town is two hours from anywhere. Of its 1,800 residents, close to 21% are aged 65 and older. Some of these seniors may benefit from the care services offered at one of four assisted living residences (ALRs) in Andrews.
ALRs across North Carolina, including Andrews, are split into two categories: adult care homes (ACHs) and multi-unit assisted housing with services facilities. While ACHs must be licensed by the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation, multi-unit assisted housing with services communities are only required to register.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Andrews
- The Andrews area has a very pleasant year-round climate, so seniors can take advantage of the area's natural surroundings and outdoor recreation. Summer temperatures reach a comfortable 84 degrees, and mild winter weather brings just six inches of snow expected each year.
- While rates of violent crime are moderate, property crime in Andrews is quite high. Measured on a scale of 1-100, the town is rated 65.9, which is nearly double the U.S. national average of 35.4. Most ALRs have security systems in place, though seniors may wish to inquire about a facility's safety policies and procedures.
- At 81.4, the cost of living in Andrews is quite low, compared to both national and statewide averaged. This means that seniors on a tight budget can conserve funds, and put more of their retirement income toward the cost of personal care services in an ALR.
- Andrews has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Bryson City.
- Cherokee County Transit provides a regional transportation service to communities throughout the county, including Andrews, so seniors can get to shopping destinations, social engagements and medical appointments. Scheduled van service is also available daily for out-of-county trips.
- Andrews is a historic town with a variety of arts and entertainment opportunities. Seniors can browse exhibits at the Andrews Art Museum, visit local wineries and breweries or explore the shopping and restaurants of Main Street.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Andrews
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Andrews start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Andrews and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Andrews
In Andrews, personal care services for seniors living in ACHs are covered by North Carolina's Medicaid State Plan. Seniors can apply for a supplemental state/county assistance payment to help cover room and board costs, which includes a personal needs allowance and income disregard. In North Carolina, families are also permitted to provide supplementation for their loved ones if they request residence in a private room.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Andrews
Andrews and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Andrews, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Andrews
Andrews-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Andrews, NC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Andrews
Review of Elaines Care
The family really loves them.The employees there are so kind. It is a very clean facility. Grandpa really loves it there. At first he was really worried about living in someones eles home but now h... Read more