2 Assisted Living Facilities
To help you with your search, browse the
assisted living facilities
On average, consumers rate assisted living in Albemarle
out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about
assisted living options and costs in
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Albemarle. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Albemarle 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Albemarle, call (855) 863-8283.
Other Options in Albemarle, NC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Albemarle
Review of Spring Arbor of Albemarle
My husband has moved into Spring Arbor. He is doing beautifully. The place is excellent. They have an excellent rating. All of the staff members are extremely friendly and helpful. The place is ver... Read more
Review of Taylor House
I went to Baptist Retirement Homes of NC. It was a lovely place, but we decided we did not want to live in Winston-Salem because it wasn’t a place that we were familiar with. The facility is a love... Read more
Review of Taylor House
We went to the Baptist Home and it was really outstanding. The staff knew everybody’s name. They were concerned about their patients and they were friendly with them. The place was very clean and t... Read more
Assisted Living near Stanly County, NC
More Options Near Albemarle, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Albemarle
Albemarle, North Carolina is a small city approximately 40 miles northeast of Charlotte. It is a quiet family community, and 18 percent of residents are over the age of 65. For those looking for assisted living communities, there are two within the city limits and one close by in Mount Pleasant.
In Albemarle and the rest of the state of North Carolina, assisted living facilities are called assisted living residences. There are two types of assisted living residences, including adult care homes and multi-unit assisted housing establishments with service facilities. Both are regulated by the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation. Family care homes refer to those with two to six residents, while adult care homes have seven or more.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Albemarle
- Based on cost of living indexes which rank cities from 1 to 100, with 100 being the high, Albemarle is ranked 86, which is below the nation’s average and below the average for comparable cities within the state.
- Albemarle has four distinctive seasons, an average summer high around 91 degrees and winter lows around 29. The area receives around 46 inches of rain per year, which is more than the U.S. average, and residents will see around 3 inches of snow.
- There are plenty of art and culture activities for seniors around Albemarle, including art workshops at the Falling Rivers Gallery and ongoing exhibits at the Museum of the Albemarle. Many assisted living residences offer day trips to locations in an around the city.
- Stanly County Transportation provides the Golden Age Transportation Program for seniors in the area. This program offers rides to medical appointments, human service agencies and shopping and nutrition sites.
- The Albemarle area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Sentara Albemarle Medical Center, so you'll be taken care of in the event of a medical emergency or illness.
- Albemarle has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Albemarle Commission Area Agency on Aging, an organization that works to enhance the lives of senior citizens in the area, as well as at least one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Albemarle
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Albemarle start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Albemarle and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Albemarle
Financing is available for eligible individuals through the Medicaid State Plan. This plan pays for personal care for those already living in an adult care home. In 2014, the maximum payment for adult care homes was $1,162 a month, which included a personal needs allowance and a $20 income disregard. Those receiving assistance through the Medicaid State Plan may also supplement the payment for a private room.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Albemarle
Albemarle and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Albemarle
Albemarle-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.