2 Assisted Living Facilities in Ahoskie, NC
Also serving communities of Como, Potecasi, Gatesville, Rich Square, Pleasant Hill.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Ahoskie. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Ahoskie 1.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Edenton with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Ahoskie, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Ahoskie, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Ahoskie
The town of Ahoskie is located in Hertford County, Virginia, and is nicknamed The Only One, because no other town in the world shares its name. The faith-based, family-oriented rural community is home to around 5,000 residents, over 17% of whom are aged 65 and older.
Seniors who require assistance with daily tasks can find care at one of the area's 10 assisted living residences (ALRs). The term ALR can refer to one of two residential care settings: adult care homes (ACHs) or multi-unit assisted housing with services facilities. ACHs are licensed by the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation, while multi-unit assisted housing with services communities are only required to register with the DHSR.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Ahoskie
- Aoskie has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Hertford County Office of Aging, an organization that provides senior-specific programs and service, including a nutrition site, transportation and exercise classes, as well as a senior center.
- A variety of recreation and entertainment opportunities are available in Ahoskie for seniors of diverse interests. Take in live performances and art at the Gallery Theater, attend a social function at the Beechwood Country Club, enjoy a round of golf at the Tuscarora Golf and Country Club or spend the afternoon fishing.
- The Ahoskie area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Vidant Roanoke-Chowan Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors looking for a budget-friendly option in North Carolina, may be enticed by Ahoskie's low cost of living. Compared to the U.S. national average of 100, it is rated 77.3.
- On a scale to 100, the rate of violent crime in Ahoskie is rated 41.1 and property crime receives a score of 84.1. These rates far exceed the U.S. national averages of 22.7 and 35.4 in the same categories, meaning seniors in Ahoskie may want to exercise a little extra caution.
- In terms of climate, Ahoskie's overall comfort is highly rated with an index score of 7.5 out of 10. Summers are sunny and warm, and the town receives just 3 inches of snow per year with winter temperatures rarely dropping below 29 degrees.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Ahoskie
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Ahoskie start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Ahoskie and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Ahoskie
Seniors living in ACHs may be eligible to have their personal care services covered by North Carolina's Medicaid State Plan. A supplemental state/county assistance payment is also available to help seniors pay for room and board, and family supplementation is permitted when an ACH resident or one of their family member requests a private room.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Ahoskie
Ahoskie and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Ahoskie, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Ahoskie
Ahoskie-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Ahoskie
Review of Pinewood Manor
I had seen people left on the bed for hours by some staff members using cell phone 24/7 during the shift. The Cna's would read the med logs for the people living there and laugh when you pass by.... Read more