10 Assisted Living Facilities near Rhinebeck, NY
Also serving communities of Red Hook, Tivoli, Saugerties.
There are 10 Assisted Living Facilities in the Rhinebeck area, with 2 in Rhinebeck and 8 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 23 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Rhinebeck. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Rhinebeck 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Rhinebeck, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Rhinebeck, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Rhinebeck
Scenic Rhinebeck, New York, is part of the greater Poughkeepsie metro area. This town has plenty of activities for seniors, from taking in outdoor festivals to walking along the hiking and biking trails throughout the community.
Rhinebeck itself has a population of 8,000, with 30% of those residents being seniors aged 65 and over. As they age, some of these seniors may need accommodations in one of the area's two assisted living communities, or in one of the eight facilities located nearby. In Rhinebeck, as in all of New York, the state's Office for the Aging issues licenses and regulations for assisted living communities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Rhinebeck
January lows in Rhinebeck regularly reach into the teens, while July highs average in the 80s. Winters are cold and snowy, which may be uncomfortable for seniors sensitive to colder temperatures.
- There is no state income tax in New York on Social Security benefits and retirement account withdrawals under $20,000 per year. Rhinebeck seniors budgeting for assisted living may find the extra money helpful.
- The Rhinebeck area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Northern Dutchess Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- In Rhinebeck, the overall cost of living is 135.3, higher than the U.S. average of 100, mostly due to the housing costs at 188.2. Higher housing costs may cause assisted living facilities to have higher operating costs, which could result in higher assisted living fees.
- Rhinebeck seniors have access to the Dutchess Country public transportation system, bus lines that travel throughout the county. Seniors aged 60 and older, as well as those with a qualifying disability, may be eligible for reduced fares.
- Rhinebeck has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Rhinebeck Committee on Aging, an organization that considers the needs of older residents and focuses on programs for them as well as the Rhinebeck Senior Friendship senior center.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Rhinebeck
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Rhinebeck start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Rhinebeck and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Rhinebeck
Rhinebeck residents are eligible for financial assistance for assisted living fees through New York's Community First Choice State Plan Option (CFCO), similar to a Medicaid waiver. The Assisted Living Program (ALP) provides assistance paying for nursing care and board for assisted living communities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Rhinebeck
Rhinebeck and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Rhinebeck, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Rhinebeck
Rhinebeck-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Rhinebeck
Review of Kings Height Rest Home
The food is like gourmet and the facility is like a private resort located on the hudson river with an overlook of most of the hudson valley and the house is immaculately clean and the employees ar... Read more