30 Assisted Living Facilities near Huntington Station, NY
There are 30 Assisted Living Facilities in the Huntington Station area, with 4 in Huntington Station and 26 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Huntington Station is $4,286 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,420.
To help you with your search, browse the 295 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Huntington Station. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Huntington Station 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Huntington with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Huntington Station find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Huntington Station, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Huntington Station, NY
26 Assisted Living Facilities near Huntington Station, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Huntington Station
Huntington Station is a hamlet with the town of Huntington on Long Island just south of Long Island Sound. It's part of the New York metropolitan area and is just 40 miles from Manhattan. Seniors make up 10.8 percent of the population in Huntington Station. These seniors can choose from three assisted living facilities in the city and more than 40 in the surrounding areas. Like in the rest of New York, assisted living in Huntington Station is regulated by the Department of Health, and the communities are called adult care facilities (ACFs) and provide nonmedical room and board for seniors.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Huntington Station
- Huntington Station’s climate is seasonal with warm, humid summers reaching highs of 84 degrees Fahrenheit in July and cold winters with snowfall averaging 24 inches per year, slightly below the U.S. average of 26 inches. Winter temperatures can drop to lows of 25 degrees in January which may cause issues for seniors who enjoy the outdoors.
- Huntington Station has less exposure to crime than New York City and is safer than 44 percent of U.S. cities. The city's violent crime and property crime scores are 41.1 and 37.3 on a scale of 100, where 1 is the safest. U.S. averages are 31.1 and 38.1, respectively
- The cost of living in Huntington Station surpasses the U.S. average by 34.7 percent. Housing is the biggest factor in these ratings but seniors find that healthcare, grocery and transportation costs are comparable to national medians.
- Seniors in Huntington Station can take advantage of state income tax savings since Social Security benefits are exempt from taxation. Income from retirement accounts and private pensions are deductible which can help seniors make the most of their retirement income.
- Seniors who don’t drive have access to HART buses, which provide transportation exclusively within Huntington. The town also offers Paratransit for seniors at a fixed rate. Suffolk County Transit operates buses that run through town and the surrounding areas with reduced fares for seniors.
- The Huntington Station area is home to world-class medical facilities including Huntington Hospital, North Shore University Hospital Syosset and Plainview Hospital in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Huntington Station
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Huntington Station start around $4,286 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Huntington Station and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Huntington Station
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Huntington Station
Huntington Station and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Huntington Station, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Huntington Station
Huntington Station-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Huntington Station, NY
Other Options in Huntington Station, NY
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Huntington Station
Review of Atria Huntington
My mom is very happy at Atria Huntington. It is a phenomenal place. The staff is fantastic. They call me and they let me know what is going on. The food is fantastic. My mom has a private room. It ... Read more
Review of Atria Huntington
Atria Huntington serves us meals three times a day. The meals are satisfactory. They have a movie night which is nice. They provide entertainment every one or two weeks, which is also nice. They al... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Dix Hills
We have decided on Sunrise of Dix Hills. We saw a double room, a two-bedroom, and two separate bedrooms with a shared suite and bathroom. We also saw a companion room with two rooms, and the junior... Read more