22 Assisted Living Facilities near Getzville, NY
There are 22 Assisted Living Facilities in the Getzville area, with 1 in Getzville and 21 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 186 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Getzville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Getzville 3.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Williamsville with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Getzville, call (855) 863-8283.
1 Assisted Living Facility in Getzville, NY
21 Assisted Living Facilities near Getzville, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Getzville
Getzville is one of five hamlets in the Town of Amherst, in Erie County, New York, and is located near the center of town. There is one assisted living facility in the hamlet offering help to seniors looking for assistance with their daily activities. A further 40 can be found in nearby communities including Amherst, Williamsville and Clarence Center. Adult Care Facilities (ACFs) in New York are regulated by the New York State Department of Health. Facilities may receive additional licensing to become an Assisted Living Residence (ALR).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Getzville
- Erie County, including Getzville, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- The air quality in Erie County, including Getzville, is mixed. Ozone pollution is high and received a failing grade in the State of the Air Report 2018. Conversely, particle pollution is low, receiving an "A" grade in the report. Seniors with respiratory conditions may need to consider how these ratings will affect their health.
- The Getzville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors who are averse to cold weather extremes may find that Getzville is an uncomfortable place to retire. Amherst, including Getzville, has an average low temperature of just 18 degrees Fahrenheit in January and gets a whopping 87 inches of snow; 61 inches more than the national average. Despite this, summers are pleasant with an average July high of 81 degrees.
- Public transport in Getzville is provided by the Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority. Seniors are eligible for half-price fares. Some seniors may also be eligible for the Paratransit Access Line which offers an origin-to-destination shared-ride service to people unable to use the fixed-route service.
- The Amherst area, including Getzville, has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Amherst Senior Citizens Foundation, an organization that promotes the welfare of senior citizens as well as more than one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Getzville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Getzville start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Getzville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Getzville
Limited financial assistance is available to New York seniors in assisted living facilities through the state's Assisted Living Program. The Optional State Supplement also provides financial assistance to seniors who receive Social Security Income.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Getzville
Getzville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Getzville, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Getzville
Getzville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Getzville, NY
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Getzville
Review of Garden House
Please shop around prior to placing a loved one in the skilled nursing facility at Rosa Coplon.. The only good thing here is the activities & aesthetics. Beautiful facility - very bad care. The... Read more
Review of Garden House
Weinberg was a little more expensive but very nice. They've got everything I was looking for in terms of independent living, and you can graduate all the way into skilled nursing if you have to. Th... Read more
Review of Garden House
Weinberg Campus could have cared less about my father. They made it sound like he wouldn’t have enough money to be staying there. The staff was rude; I was not happy with them. I thought the facili... Read more