30 Assisted Living Facilities near Woodbury, NJ
Also serving communities of Deptford.
There are 30 Assisted Living Facilities in the Woodbury area, with 2 in Woodbury and 28 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Woodbury is $3,300 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 294 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Woodbury. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Woodbury 3.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sewell with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Woodbury, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Woodbury, NJ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Woodbury
Woodbury, New Jersey, is a small community located in the lower part of the state, with a rich history dating back to Pre-Revolutionary times that has several points of interest on the National Register of Historic Places. The population is 10,000, 14% of whom are seniors aged 65 and older. As this group ages, many will need to transition into an assisted living facility for help with daily living tasks.
To accommodate these seniors, Woodbury is home to two assisted living communities, with an additional 30 in nearby areas.The New Jersey Department of Health licenses and regulates these assisted living facilities in Woodbury and throughout the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Woodbury
- The state of New Jersey does not a levy income tax on Social Security income. However, withdrawals from IRAs and other retirement accounts are taxed as income. Seniors on a budget may want to consider their withdrawals.
- Woodbury has a high crime rate, especially considering its size. Violent crimes rate 26.9 on a scale of 1 to 100, with 1 being the safest; U.S. average violent crime rates are 22.7. Property crimes, including theft and car burglaries, are a whopping 66.2, compared to the national average of 35.4.
- Woodbury residents enjoy all four seasons, with distinct weather changes. Summers are warm and humid, with July high temperatures reaching into the high 80s. Winters are cold and snowy, with January lows dipping into the teens.
- Woodbury residents are served by the New Jersey Transit Authority. This includes bus, light rail and train services, as well as para-transportation for those who need it. Seniors are eligible for reduced rates.
- The cost of living in Woodbury is on par with the average in the U.S., at 98 compared to the baseline of 100. Housing costs, however, are at 71 compared to 100, which may mean that assisted living fees are less than the rest of the state, as the facility operating costs may be less expensive.
- Woodbury is home to world-class medical facilities, including Inspira Medical Center in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Woodbury
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Jersey
Assisted Living costs in Woodbury start around $3,300 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Woodbury and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Woodbury
The state of New Hersey provides Medicaid Managed Long Term Services and Supports (MLTSS) for seniors who meet eligibility guidelines for financial assistance for assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Woodbury
Woodbury and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Woodbury, please visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Woodbury
Woodbury-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Jersey are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Woodbury, NJ
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Woodbury
Review of Woodbury Mews
Thanks God my mom is not longer living in this place. Assisted Living Staff shows total lack of compassion. Obviously they don't have the sensitivity needed to take care of seniors. My dog has ... Read more
Review of Brightview Woodbury Lake
My visit with Brightview Woodbury Lake was informative. I was well received and they were very polite and knowledgeable. The rooms were clean. A client was in one room at the time and she seemed ve... Read more
Review of Woodbury Mews
Woodbury Mews is absolutely gorgeous, but it was more like an institution. It was three levels, and the view they had from the room that was available was horrible because it just looks out on buil... Read more