7 Assisted Living Facilities near Bordentown, NJ
There are 7 Assisted Living Facilities in the Bordentown area, with 1 in Bordentown and 6 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Bordentown is $3,750 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 76 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Bordentown. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Bordentown 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Englishtown with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Bordentown, call (855) 863-8283.
1 Assisted Living Facility in Bordentown, NJ
6 Assisted Living Facilities near Bordentown, NJ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Bordentown
Bordentown, N.J., is a historical city where Clara Barton opened the first free school in the state. It is located 6 miles from Trenton and 25 miles from Philadelphia. The quaint city is filled with charm, mixed with modern amenities that will appeal to all ages.
Seniors will find one assisted living facility within the city limits with 17 more in local areas such as Trenton, Burlington and Moorestown. All assisted living residences in Bordentown, and throughout New Jersey, are licensed and regulated by the New Jersey Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Bordentown
- Bordentown averages 208 days of sun per year. Summer temperatures sit in the 80s while winter temperatures are in the 20s. This climate is good for seniors as it is rarely too hot or too cold. The city does get an average of 15 inches of snowfall a year, which might hinder travel on some days.
- Bordentown has a higher cost of living than the national average. This is mostly due to housing and utilities, which might make paying for assisted living more costly than other states. However, Bordentown’s cost of living is less than the rest of New Jersey, making it one of the cheaper locations in the state.
- Bordentown is one of the safest cities in the U.S. It has a crime index of 93 out of 100, with 100 being the safest. The city has an average of just 15 crimes a year. The majority of crimes are theft related. Seniors living in Bordentown can feel safe in their homes and on the streets.
- Burlington County offers paratransit options for seniors and disabled residents throughout the county, including Bordentown. There are regular shopping trips scheduled. Members of the Congregate Meal Program, that offers free meals to seniors, can obtain transportation to nutrition sites four days a week. There is a nutrition site in Bordentown.
- The Bordentown area doesn’t have any hospitals in the event of an emergency of illness. The closest is St. Francis Medical Center in Trenton, located 6 miles from Bordentown.
- Burlington County has an array of community resources for seniors through the Office of Aging. Bordentown residents can take advantage of services such as Meals on Wheels, legal assistance and transportation.
Paying for Assisted Living in Bordentown
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Jersey
Assisted Living costs in Bordentown start around $3,750 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Bordentown and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Bordentown
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Bordentown
Bordentown and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Bordentown, please visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Bordentown
Bordentown-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Jersey are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Bordentown
Review of The Clare Estate
We chose The Clare Estate for my mother because it felt warmer and nicer. The staff and services are very good. They have a lot of activities, although she is not a joiner. She has her own apartmen... Read more
Review of The Clare Estate
The Clare Estate was fine. The place was very clean, and we were well-received. I didn't have any problems with them. The person who assisted us was very helpful, greeted us, and was very kind. The... Read more
Review of The Clare Estate
The Clare Estate was a God-send for our family. Mom received exceptional care in a loving and compassionate environment. Over the span of 20 months, Mom experienced the entire range of resources fr... Read more