9 Assisted Living Facilities near Manchester, NH
There are 9 Assisted Living Facilities in the Manchester area, with 4 in Manchester and 5 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Manchester is $5,250 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Milford with an average starting cost of $3,880.
To help you with your search, browse the 38 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Manchester. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Manchester 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Milford with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Manchester, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Manchester, NH
5 Assisted Living Facilities near Manchester, NH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Manchester
Manchester is the largest city in New Hampshire, with an estimated population of 110,229. Approximately 6.9 percent of residents age 65 and up, and to meet their needs, Manchester has three assisted living facilities from which to choose. There are an additional 18 facilities in surrounding areas like Bedford and Goffstown. In Manchester, as well as in the rest of the state, assisted living facilities are regulated by the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services. Assisted living communities in New Hampshire fall under one of two categories — assisted living residences (ALRs) and residential care facilities (RCFS), with the difference being the level of care provided.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Manchester
- The Manchester area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Elliot Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Getting around Manchester is convenient thanks to the city’s public transportation system. It’s also affordable because seniors over age 65 and Medicare card holders qualify for reduced fares.
- Manchester has affordable, enriching attractions for seniors to enjoy. Assisted living communities in the area may offer outings to destinations such as the Palace Theater, which has a senior discount program. There’s also the Currier Museum of Art, where seniors get reduced-price admission.
- Seniors may find Manchester winters to be snowy and cold. The city receives approximately 59 inches of snow per year, which is substantially more than the U.S. average of 26 inches. Average January lows in Manchester can reach 13 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Manchester is one of the more expensive cities in New Hampshire when it comes to living expenses. The cost of living in Manchester ranks 111.6, which is higher than the national average of 100. The higher cost may be reflected in things like assisted living monthly costs, groceries and transportation.
- The property crime rate in Manchester is 48.0 — higher than the U.S. average of 31.1. Violent crime is more prevalent as well, with a ranking of 48.2 as compared to the national average of 38.1.
Paying for Assisted Living in Manchester
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Hampshire
Assisted Living costs in Manchester start around $5,250 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Manchester and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Manchester
Seniors with limited financial means in Manchester may qualify for assistance through the Choices for Independence program, which may help cover assisted living costs. Another financial assistance program for which seniors receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI) may be eligible is the Old Age Assistance (OAA) program offered through the Department of Health and Human Services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Hampshire page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Hampshire page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Manchester
Manchester and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Manchester, please visit our Assisted Living in New Hampshire page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Manchester
Manchester-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Hampshire are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Hampshire page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Manchester, NH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Manchester
Review of Evergreen Place
Evergreen Place has been excellent. It's very homey. The staff is very attentive to all the needs. It's been a perfect fit for my father. He has one of the larger rooms with a living room, a bedroo... Read more
Review of Villa Crest
I checked out both assisted living and nursing home at Villa Crest. It was very nice and very clean. The rooms looked nice and big and included a kitchen. They had a restaurant for them to go eat a... Read more
Review of Evergreen Place
I have been 4years this is the best place to live at !! They help me a lot to come Out of my depression. !!! It is home atmosphere and the help treat as the family We have awesome residents h... Read more