6 Assisted Living Facilities near Nashua, NH
Also serving communities of Hudson.
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Nashua area, with 3 in Nashua and 3 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Nashua is $5,591 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Windham with an average starting cost of $2,912.
To help you with your search, browse the 43 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Nashua. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Nashua 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Windham with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Nashua, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Nashua, NH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Nashua
Short commute times to popular spots, no sales tax and no income tax have helped Nashua land on Money Magazine's list of the Best Places to Live in the U.S. twice. Seniors who want to live in this "best place" can choose from 30 assisted living facilities in the area, three of which are located directly in Nashua. The Health Facilities Administration regulates these communities on behalf of the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services. This helps ensure elderly residents in Nashua assisted living communities receive the quality care they need in safe, clean facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Nashua
- Average Nashua temperatures fluctuate from the mid-20s to mid-70s throughout the year. During winter, temperatures often drop into the teens, and snowfall isn't uncommon. The summer months bring rain and warm weather, with average highs in the 70s and 80s.
- The Nashua area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. Joseph Hospital and MassGeneral Hospital for Children, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Nashua has a higher cost of living than the U.S. average, but residents of the city typically don't pay higher expenses than inhabitants of other parts of New Hampshire. Housing is slightly more expensive in Nashua than the rest of the state, but residents typically pay less for transportation, utilities and groceries.
- Residents of Nashua are covered by New Hampshire tax policies, which means they generally pay no sales tax or income tax. However, there are still taxes for personal property, utilities and tobacco. Also, taxpayers still owe the New Hampshire government a percentage of their earned dividends and interest, which impacts seniors with financial investments.
- Seniors can sleep soundly in Nashua knowing the city is safer than 46 percent of U.S. cities. Violent crimes are rare, with just 151 reported per year. There is a 1 in 582 chance of experiencing a violent crime in Nashua, which is less risky than the 1 in 506 average for New Hampshire.
- Hillsborough County, which houses Nashua, has a C rating from the American Lung Association for high ozone days. This is lower than the counties of Belknap and Grafton but better than Rockingham, which has a D rating. Fortunately, Nashua received an A for particle pollution and passed the annual testing for this classification.
Paying for Assisted Living in Nashua
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Hampshire
Assisted Living costs in Nashua start around $5,591 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Nashua and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Nashua
New Hampshire’s Choices For Independence program offer a waiver that helps elderly Medicaid recipients remain in their communities. To qualify, recipients must be at least 60 years old and meet the income requirements and other guidelines, including an assessed need for care, established by the program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Hampshire page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Hampshire page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Nashua
Nashua and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Nashua, please visit our Assisted Living in New Hampshire page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Nashua
Nashua-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Hampshire are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Hampshire page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Nashua, NH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Nashua
Review of Langdon Place at Nashua
I had a tour of Langdon Place at Nashua, and they were very welcoming. They showed us probably half a dozen different apartments and some of them were very nice. There were people doing activities,... Read more
Review of Aynsley Place
I moved my parents into Aynsley Place in the middle of a pandemic and it has turned out to be the best decision I could have ever made. I am so thankful for the compassionate & caring staff, e... Read more
Review of Aynsley Place
I spent a little bit of time at Aynsley Place in Nashua. It was a lovely place, even though it was smaller than some of the others. The apartment I had in there was gorgeous, it looked right out of... Read more