42 Assisted Living Facilities near Windham, NH
Also serving communities of Londonderry, Derry.
There are 42 Assisted Living Facilities in the Windham area, with 4 in Windham and 38 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Windham is $2,912 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,425.
To help you with your search, browse the 218 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Windham. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Windham 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Salem with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Windham, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Windham, NH
38 Assisted Living Facilities near Windham, NH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Windham
The town of Windham is located just north of the Massachusetts border and has a rich history as the home of the Pawtucket people before being settled by Scottish freedom seekers in 1719. In addition to exploring old sites such as the Searles Chapel, seniors can explore and choose from three Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) in Windham and 50 others in the surrounding area. These ALFs are known as Residential Care Facilities (RCFs) in the city of Windham and are licensed by the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services. ALFs in New Hampshire are defined as facilities which house three or more seniors, provide 24-hour support and medication management and assist with activities of daily living.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Windham
- Seniors living in Windham may find that they can more easily build a savings or have more entertainment funds because there is no state tax. Retirement funds are not taxed, and there is no sales tax added to in-city purchases.
- The Windham area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Lawrence General Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors living in Windham can get out and enjoy the lush scenery in comfort due to the warm summer climate, with an average high temperature of 82 degrees in July. Winters are cold with an average low temperature of 13 degrees in January and 57 inches of snowfall, so seniors with limited mobility may have difficulty getting around.
- Seniors and their loved ones can feel very safe in Windham due to the low crime rates. Violent crime is 15.8 out of 100 (with 1 being the safest), which is very low compared to the national average of 31.1. Property crime is also very low at 18.5, compared to the national average of 38.1.
- The American Lung Association has given the county of Rockingham with an ozone score of D, which may affect seniors with respiratory illnesses. The 24-hour particle pollution score, however, is ranked much higher at an A.
- Seniors living in Windham have access to CART for curb-to-curb shuttle services. They can use CART to get to doctor’s appointments, shopping and local entertainment. Some seniors may qualify for reduced fare.
Paying for Assisted Living in Windham
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Hampshire
Assisted Living costs in Windham start around $2,950 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Windham and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Windham
The New Hampshire Medicaid plan, Home and Community Based Services (HCBS), is available to eligible seniors who are seeking help covering assisted living costs. There are no non-Medicaid programs available in New Hampshire.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Hampshire page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Hampshire page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Windham
Windham and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Windham, please visit our Assisted Living in New Hampshire page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Windham
Windham-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Hampshire are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Hampshire page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Windham
Review of Grace House of Windham
My Mother was one of the first residents of Grace House. She lived there for over 7 years. I cannot say enough about the wonderful staff and it's owners, Sue and Neil. My Mother was extremely well ... Read more
Review of Pine Hills Assisted Living
Mom is very happy here! Being a facility with only 16 rooms makes it better for her to stay focused with her friends she has made there. The staff is very dedicated and experienced. It is very affo... Read more
Review of Assisted Living at Pine Hill
My mom lives here and she is very well cared for. Everything is so beautiful and recently renovated. The owners go the extra mile and give care above all expectations. They also own Beaver Lake Lod... Read more