17 Assisted Living Facilities near Haverhill, MA
There are 17 Assisted Living Facilities in the Haverhill area, with 5 in Haverhill and 12 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Haverhill is $4,612 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,635. Cheaper nearby regions include North Andover with an average starting cost of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 109 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Haverhill. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Haverhill 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Salem with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Haverhill, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Haverhill, MA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Haverhill
Haverhill, MA, is a picturesque location offering numerous parks and trails, including Plugs Pond and Riverside Park, where seniors can get out to exercise and enjoy green spaces. Aging adults in Haverhill have five Assisted Living Residences, as assisted living facilities are known officially in Massachusetts, to choose from, with another 51 located in nearby towns including Danvers, Chelmsford and Beverly.
These assisted living residences provide room and board to seniors, along with personal care services that include medication management and assistance with the activities of daily living, such as dressing, grooming and bathing. The Executive Office of Elder Affairs regulates all assisted living residences in the state, including Haverhill.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Haverhill
- The Merrimack Valley Regional Transit Authority provides local bus service in and around Haverhill. The city is also connected to Boston by the Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority's commuter rail system, and seniors can take advantage of lower fares on Senior CharlieCards to make the city more accessible.
- Haverhill has an array of community resources for seniors, including Elder Services of the Merrimack Valley, an organization that provides financial assistance, a long-term care ombudsman, Meals on Wheels and help navigating the Medicare system, as well as one senior center.
- Winter typically starts in October in Haverhill, with snow on the ground through much of the season. Freezing temperatures typically stop in about May, and summers can be hot, so this isn't an ideal area for seniors who want to spend time outdoors year round.
- The entire state of Massachusetts is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- The cost of living in Haverhill is about 29.2 percent higher than the average cost of living in the United States, but it's significantly lower than than that of nearby Boston, so seniors who want to remain in the state while saving money might choose to settle here.
- The Haverhill area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Baldpate Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Haverhill
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Massachusetts
Assisted Living costs in Haverhill start around $4,612 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Haverhill and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Haverhill
Eligible older adults who need a little financial assistance to pay for assisted living may be able to get help from the government. Among the many programs available are Senior Care Option (SCO), offered through Medicaid and Mass-Health, and Supplemental Security Income Category G, offered through the Social Security Administration.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Haverhill
Haverhill and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Haverhill, please visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Haverhill
Haverhill-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Massachusetts are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Massachusetts page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Haverhill, MA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Haverhill
Review of Benchmark Senior Living at Haverhill Crossings
Benchmark Senior Living at Haverhill Crossings is not what I expected but it's ok. The staff was nice and the rooms were nice. But I wasn't impressed by them at all. I was kind of disappointed at t... Read more
Review of Ivy Hill Court
I visited Ivy Hill Assisted Care. It's very friendly and I loved the location. It was not too far from a church that I love. They have libraries nearby, the location was excellent, and the house it... Read more
Review of Wingate Residences at Haverhill
My father is in Wingate Residences at Haverhill. We're gonna try it out for 30 days and see what happens from there. If he wants to stay, we'll let him stay there. He just got in there a couple of ... Read more