15 Assisted Living Facilities near Fremont, NH
There are 15 Assisted Living Facilities in the Fremont area, with 1 in Fremont and 14 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Fremont is $4,600 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,355.
To help you with your search, browse the 83 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Fremont. Better rated regions include Exeter with an average rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Fremont, call (855) 863-8283.
1 Assisted Living Facility in Fremont, NH
14 Assisted Living Facilities near Fremont, NH
Assisted Living near Rockingham County, NH
More Options Near Fremont, NH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fremont
Fremont, New Hampshire, is nestled just 17 miles from the Atlantic Ocean and 10 miles from the Massachusetts border, giving seniors close access to Boston and the beauty of the sea. About 13 percent of residents are 65 or older, and those looking for living assistance can choose from 38 facilities in the area.
Assisted living facilities are referred to as Residential Care Facilities (RCFs) by the state of New Hampshire and are regulated and licensed by the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services. These facilities offer 24-hour support and services, such as assistance with activities of daily living and medication management to three or more seniors in a homelike setting.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fremont
- Fremont has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Exeter.
- The state of New Hampshire lives up to its “Live Free or Die” motto when it comes to taxation. Seniors can save money on groceries and entertainment, as there is no state tax.
- Seniors who have been diagnosed with a respiratory condition should talk to their doctor about how the air in Fremont might affect them. The American Lung Association gave this area a poor D rating for ozone quality.
- While Fremont is not a large city, seniors have many unique sites to explore around town. The Fremont Historical Museum is free and houses over 50 exhibits, including a crashed B-52 Stratofortress Plane.
- Seniors may have a difficult time getting out and about in the winter months, due to heavy snowfall and a chilly low average of 14 degrees in January. Seniors who can brave the cold weather, however, can enjoy warm summers, with an average of 82 degrees.
- Fremont’s violent crime rate is rated at 17.5 out of 100 (1 being the safest), which is 55 percent lower than the national average. Seniors out shopping or running their errands may feel quite safe and secure due to the low crime.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fremont
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Hampshire
Assisted Living costs in Fremont start around $4,600 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fremont and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fremont
The state’s Medicaid program has a Home and Community Based Services Waiver (HCBS), which offers help to qualified seniors seeking aid with assisted living costs. There is no state-funded program available at this time.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Hampshire page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Hampshire page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fremont
Fremont and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Fremont, please visit our Assisted Living in New Hampshire page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fremont
Fremont-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Hampshire are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Hampshire page for more information about these laws.