2 Assisted Living Facilities in Humansville, MO
Also serving communities of Stockton.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Humansville, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Humansville, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Humansville
The very small town of Humansville is a welcoming central Missouri farm community made up of families and their senior loved ones, who live in a pleasant jumble of 19th-century government buildings and 1920s-era brick offices, along with more modern homes. The city lies within Polk County and is home to around 1,000 people, 26% of whom are seniors aged 65 and over.
Within the city limits, these seniors have their choice between four assisted living facilities, where they can live independently with assistance for personal care needs and meal preparation. Humansville's residential senior care communities are overseen at the state level by the Missouri Department of Health, which inspects and regulates assisted living facilities around the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Humansville
- The weather in Humansville is changeable and sometimes hard to predict, though summers average 89-degree highs and winters drop to average lows of 21. Seniors in Humansville can expect up to 47 inches of rain a year, which raises pollen from the surrounding countryside and may aggravate the symptoms of asthma or COPD.
- The cost of living in Humansville is 14% below the national average cost for all personal and household expense categories combined. Seniors in Humansville still pay about 1% more for healthcare, on average, than seniors do in the rest of the country.
- Crime rates in Humansville are extremely low. Property crimes, such as theft and vandalism, occur at about one-fifth of the national average rate. Seniors are also safer from violent crime in Humansville, where only six assaults were reported in 2014, followed by three years without a single case.
- Public transportation in Humansville is intermittent, with buses from Polk County OATS serving the town every Wednesday, but with on-demand service in ADA-compliant vehicles available during the rest of the week. Routes funded by the local Area Agency on Aging carry a suggested fare for seniors, but this is not mandatory for those aged 60 and over.
- The Humansville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Cedar County Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Humansville has an array of community resources for seniors, including SeniorAge, an organization that offers local seniors and their caregiver wellness classes, fall prevention education and adult daycare, as needed, as well as two senior centers.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Humansville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Humansville start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Humansville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Humansville
Seniors in Humansville who need financial assistance with the monthly cost of assisted living may qualify for the Missouri Supplemental Security Income (SSI) stipend, which supplements the federal benefit.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Humansville
Humansville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Humansville, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Humansville
Humansville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.